- being compiled as libmp3lame.dylib,
- working with Audacity
, including the Lame front-end and documentation,
- being compiled with GCC 4.0.1, universal binary (Power PC and Intel),
- and running on OS X 10.4 and later with a G4 or a better processor or any Intel processor.
There are 4 versions of Lame:
- one compiled by a japanese guy
(LAME encoder 3.100, AltiVec/SSE Optimized),
- other compiled by snifferdog (Lame encoder 3.99.5 together with the LIBMPG123 decoder 1.12.1),
- another one compiled by Thalictrum
(Lame 3.99.5 and 3.97)
- and last one (LAME 3.98.2), compatible with Audacity
and which will run on both PowerPC and Intel powered Mac was compiled by Paul Sanders.