The software tools you will need in order to work with this format are:
- the Opus decoder (opusdec.exe),
- the Opus encoder (opusenc.exe) - both packed into Opus tools
- and the foobar2000 player
, in order to play .Opus files.
You can also download the DLLs: libogg.dll & libopus.dll, both packed into Opusfile
If you want to add support for opus files
to other media player, we recommend to install DC-Bass Source Mod
To convert other audio files
, etc) into opus files and vice versa, use one of these audio converters: TAudioConverter
The advantages of this audio format are significant: it can switch between various codecs depending in how much bandwidth it has at its disposal and it is perfect for interactive audio applications, such as VoIP, in-game chat, videoconferencing, and remote live music performances. It is flexible and it adapts to both low bit-rate narrowband speech and to high-quality stereo music.
The features of this codec suggest us that Opus Audio Codec has all the assets of a reliable piece of software for optimal audio rendering:
- support for speech, music, mono and stereo, and for up to 255 channels; audio bandwidth from narrowband to fullband; support for both constant bit-rate (CBR) and variable bit-rate (VBR); bit-rates from 6 kb/s to 510 kb/s, sampling rates from 8 kHz (narrowband) to 48 kHz (fullband); frame sizes from 2.5 ms to 60 ms, dynamically adjustable bitrate, audio bandwidth, and frame size and good loss robustness and packet loss concealment (PLC).
The latest update - Opus Audio Codec 1.3.1+1, by muldersoft - contains the following:
- libopus v1.3.1+1, Git-296d556d [2019-04-14]
- libopusenc v0.2.1+2, Git-9cb17c68 [2019-02-12]
- opus-tools v0.2+3, Git-f5f571b3 [2018-10-16]
- libopusfile v0.11+5, Git-d2577d7f [2018-10-03]
Opus Audio Codec will adapt to any situation and offer you the best sound quality possible.
Opus Audio Codec is absolutely necessary for those users handling Opus audio files and you will be more than satisfied with installing this small, yet powerful application on your computer.
You can download it for free and enjoy the wide range of audio applications made possible by the Opus file format.
Opus is a lossy audio coding format used in interactive real-time applications on the Internet.