Mp3tag offers support for a variety of formats, such as MP3, MP4, AAC, FLAC, APE, OGG, WMA, MPC, M4A, M4B, OFR, OFS, SPX, TAK, WV and TTA and it can be used to edit ID3v1.1, ID3v2, and APEv2 Tags.
What this application mainly does is renaming files by using tag information and creating playlists. It also supports online databases searches for your music files, which means you can get tag information automatically from the Internet.
Other features of this program are batch editing, support for Cover Art Download, adding album covers to your files, replacing strings in tags and filenames, creating playlists automatically, importing tags from online databases, exporting to HTML, RTF and CSV, and generating reports and collection lists.
Additionally, you can perform batch export of embedded album covers, enjoy support from iTunes specific tags, and create your own commands which comprise various actions performed with just one mouse click.
This means you can edit title, artist, genre, album and other information with just one click, for multiple files at once. Editing several files at a time is extremely easy. Just select them using your mouse, and then use the options provided by Mp3tag.
For all those who like to keep their music well-organized and care about the tag information associated to their audio files, Mp3tag is an excellent choice. It has many automated features, it allows you to edit multiple files at the same time and it is easy to use, in spite of its complexity.
Changes to Mp3tag 3.19
- [2023-01-24] CHG: moved configuration setting to preserve file modification time when saving tags from Tags to General.
- [2023-01-24] CHG: moved configuration setting to display grid lines at file view from General to Appearance.
- [2023-01-24] CHG: retired the Tools main menu and moved entries for Options to File main menu and auto-numbering wizard to Convert main menu.
- [2023-01-23] CHG: `BPM` field for MP4 now only displays the bpm value without extra formatting.
- [2023-01-23] FIX: mnemonic key entry for certain menu items not displaying as intended for some translations. (#59601)
- Mp3tag is available as a portable version, which means that it can be run from a USB drive or other portable storage device without being installed on the host computer. To use the portable version, you can download the normal installer and choose the "Portable" option during installation. This will allow you to install the software to a location of your choice, such as an USB stick, without leaving any traces on the system.
This powerful tool will help you keep your music collection organized by editing the tags that carry important information about your music files.