To that end, Zoom Player employs a slick and simple user interface, combined with easy to access features while at the same time providing advanced control dialogs over every feature imaginable.
Zoom Player was designed from the ground up to load quick, take as little system resources as possible, provide user feedback/direction as appropriate and maintain as much isolation from other applications and system components as not to undermine overall stability.
Zoom Player is capable of playing all common media formats and quite a few of the not so common, including:
AVI, Matroska (MKV), QuickTime (MOV), Cellphone 3GPP (3GP), Flash (SWF), RealMedia (RA/RM/RMVB/RAM), Windows Media Format (ASF/WMV/WMA including DRM with WMV Professional version), OGG Movie (OGM), MPEG1 (MPG/VCD), MPEG2 (MPG/SVCD/VOB), MPEG4 (DIVX/XVID/ISO), VP3-VP6, MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis Audio (OGG), Dolby Digital (AC3), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), MusePack Audio (MPC), FLAC Audio (FLAC), OptimFROG Audio, Monkey Audio (APE), Wave Audio (WAV), CD-Audio.
Zoom Player comes in 3 flavors
* Zoom Player Home Free
The best things in life are free. With Zoom Player Home FREE, you can start exploring the most powerful media player for the Windows PC NOW!
- Free for personal, non-commercial use.
- No bloat, intuitive & user-friendly design.
- Install Center application, capable of detecting and securely installing up-to-date decoders and missing system components to improve stability and versatility.
- Media Center navigation interfaces with easy to use (Up/Down/Left/Right/Select) controls.
- 10-Band Equalizer with Digital PreAmp and Presets.
- DVD Playback from Disc, Hard Drive or network connection.
- Powerful, category based Media Library interface.
- Remember/Resume from last media position.
* Zoom Player Home Professional
With Zoom Player Home Professional, your Movies, TV shows and Music experience is the easiest, most customizable and powerful yet. Featuring such exclusive features as :
- Playlist Manager (Providing powerful playlist manipulation).
- Safety features (Password protected options dialog, DVD Parental control and Hidden navigation functions that modify files).
- Media Definitions (Save and Restore the current Aspect Ratio, Color levels, Volume level, Equalizer state and much more for every file played).
- Web Remote (Control Zoom Player from your web browser).
- Extended command line interface, exposing many Zoom Player functions directly from the command line.
- Playback of DRM protected movies and music (Windows Media DRM).
* Zoom Player Home MAX
Building on top the success of Zoom Player Home Professional, Zoom Player Home MAX adds many Power-Features :
- Decrypted Blu-Ray Movie playback with Subtitle support.
- Video Wall (Span a single video across multiple monitors).
- Create custom Mobile-Phone RingTones from playing media.
- Scene-Cut (Dynamic, Virtual Audio/Video editing).
- Non-Linear 16:9 (widescreen) / 4:3 (fullscreen) video scaling
- GuardDog (Automatically restart Zoom Player if the player becomes unresponsive).
- Video Orbiting (Prevents screen-burns by slowly moving the video image every few seconds).
- HTML, Flash and QuickTime Interactivity (Browse content from within Zoom Player, bypassing standard media controls).
Zoom Player is very upgrade friendly, you can install over previous installation without any stability issues, You do not need to uninstall a previous version of Zoom Player prior to installation. If you would like to reset your setting prior to a new installation, you can run the "DefaultSetting.exe" file that is installed with Zoom Player.
Changes in Zoom Player 9
- New thumbnail preview when hovering over the timeline (MAX only). Thumbnail preview currently works only on media formats that report key frame position.
- Extensive changes to the Smart Play profiles, enabling newer, better codecs for many profiles. Please report any issues playing a format that previously used to play.
- New "Automatically restore the previously active subtitle track on replay" Play History setting.
* See full changelog here
Zoom Player tries to both simplify the playback experience for the common user, while giving the Power Users all the tools and interfaces they may require to manipulate their playback environment to their exact specification.