The software also provides support for image formats like BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TGA, SVG, TIFF, and SVG.
Shotcut works with the MLT XML format as well – you can open these files as clips, perform tests, create playlists, encode them and stream them to a network of your choice.
Aside from working with a diversity of formats, Shotcut uses a multi-format timeline, which means you can mix videos having different resolutions and framerates.
You can create a whole new aspect of your videos by applying a variety of video filters, such as Crop, Glow, Blur, Mirror, Saturation, Sharpen, and so on. For color correction and grading use “Color Wheels”. Audio filters include Balance, Gain and Pan and help you easily solve audio file issues.
Other features you may find useful are screen and webcam capture, audio capture, network stream playback, the recent files panel, the drag and drop functionality, batch processing, and support for 4K resolutions.
Shotcut’s complexity lies in both its advanced editing options, like 3-point editing, and in its interface options (you can choose between native OS look and custom dark and light).
Shotcut provides a very wide range of editing options for a free app; you’ll need some time to uncover all its capabilities, but Shotcut’s editing options are there for you to try no matter what your experience level is.
Changes to Shotcut 23.11.29:
- Added Crop:Rectangle > Apply to Source button.
- Added Opacity to GPS Text, Text: Simple, and Timer filters.
- Improved performance of Timeline > Zoom.
- Added rectangular selection to Timeline.
- Added Settings > Timeline > Rectangle Select.
- Changed the Smooth keyframe type to avoid overshoots and cusps.
- Added Ease In, Ease Out, and Ease In/Out to Keyframes.
- Added a Track Auto Fade Video filter. This can only be added to tracks and makes a dip to black or other color or fade in and out opacity for overlays to each clip.
- Changed Export > Codec and Audio to disable some options when a lossless-only or an intra-only codec is selected.
- Added Settings > Timeline > Automatically Add Tracks.
- Added a button in Filters to save a filter set and change the Copy checked filters button to not show a dialog.
- Added Filters > Set > Glow Intensity.
- Added Split at Playhead back into the timeline clip context menu.
- Changed the Save option in the low memory dialog to perform a backup and save to prevent breaking projects.
- Added support for av1_nvenc NVIDIA AV1 hardware encoder on Windows and Linux.
- Upgraded MLT to version 7.22.0.
- See full list of changes here.
THERE IS A LEARNING CURVE, IF YOU'RE NEW TO EDITING
THE GPU EXPERIMENTAL IS A NICE TOUCH
LOTS OF PRESETS TO CHOOSE FROM
HEY PEEPS ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS AN EASY TO USE RENDER FARM