FastStone Image Viewer 7.8
The most important adjustments you can make to your photos with FastStone Image Viewer are red-eye removal, resizing, emailing, cropping, retouching and color adjustments.
The first interesting thing you will notice about FastStone Image Viewer is the innovative full screen mode; it uses hidden toolbars which pop up when you take the cursor of your mouse at the four edges of the screen.
Additionally, you can enjoy a high-quality magnifying tool, lossless JPEG transitions, image annotation, drop shadow effects, musical slideshows with more than 150 transitional effects, scanner support, histogram and many other features.
FastStone Image Viewer allows you to access file properties easily, such as EXIF metadata, histogram etc. directly from the main screen of the application, instead of going to the file location and viewing properties after right-clicking on the file.
Other features of FastStone Image Viewer are file tagging, creating favorites, batch conversion, and building and splitting files with multiple pages of images (PDF, TIFF, animated GIF). Additionally, FastStone Image Viewer is being constantly improved, and the latest versions have improved support for batch renaming tools and zooming in animated GIF files.
FastStone Image Viewer is totally recommended to average and beginner users who need a reliable viewing and basic editing tool; one of the aces in FastStone Image Viewer’s sleeve is supporting camera RAW formats.
Changes to FastStone Image Viewer 7.8:
- Added "Search by Name" to toolbar above thumbnail browser— Full list of changes.
- Added drag-and-drop functionality to viewing panel. You can drag and drop image or video files from external sources (e.g. Windows File Explorer) into image viewing area to view files directly
- Added Shadows and Highlights to batch conversion tool (Advanced Options -> Adjustments)
- Added Contrast and Gamma options to Scan Board
- Added keyboard shortcuts to change "Auto Image Size" option. Press Ctrl+Shift+K for "Auto Fit". Press Ctrl+Shift+L for "Lock Zoom Ratio"
- Added more options to "Mouse Click" in Settings window
- Added "Load from File" and "Save to File" in Settings window
- Added support for AVIF format