Its revolutionary character has also made it one of the first applications offering Multipage TIF support and the first graphic viewer with Multiple ICO support.
IrfanView seeks to create unique, new and interesting features, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
The interface looks basic and simplistic, but once you start exploring the menu, you discover lots of advanced options. Additionally, you can add to IrfanView a variety of third-party plugins so you can view almost any image format you can think of.
IrfanView has a long list of features you will discover on the go: supporting the most common file formats, thumbnail/preview option, toolbar skins option, support for Adobe Photoshop Filters, batch conversion with image processing, fast directory view, multipage TIF editing, file search, email option, a multimedia player, print option, scan support, IPTC editing, screen capturing, lossless JPG rotation, hotkeys, Unicode support, and not performing registry changes without the user’s action or permission.
With the help of IrfanView, you can extract icons from EXE, DLL and ICL files, apply effects (blur, sharpen, filters etc.), change color depth, perform file searches, and enjoy paint options (drawing lines, arrows or circles) and straighten images.
IrfanView has been around for many years and it is being constantly updated. It is very well-organized and compact, even if it features so many options. It is also available in a portable version.
IrfanView is simple enough to encourage beginners and advanced enough, at the same time, to please power users.
Changes to IrfanView 4.62:
- New PDF PlugIn (thanks to Pdfium guys)
- Option to save slideshow as MP4 video (Thanks to Shao Voon Wong)
- New options menu: Append current image to PDF (Options-Multipage images)-
New options menu: Edit multipage PDF (Options-Multipage images)
- New "Adobe 8BF filters" PlugIn (also for 64-bit 8BF, thanks to Sinisa Petric)
- New in Advanced Batch dialog: All effects (Effects Browser dialog) can be used
- New in Properties-Extensions dialog: Load only minimal (browsing) extensions
- The selection rectangle can be resized on corners (with CTRL = proportional)
- Change for "Paste into Selection": you can move/resize the selectionrectangle/image; click to apply selection image to main image
- New option in "Compare images" dialog: Show difference image
- New effect in Image-Effects menu: Skew/Shear image- New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + G: Start Google Maps with GPS of the loaded file
- New command line option: /fs_exit= if started in fullscreen mode; ESC closes fullscreen and IrfanView
- Old/obsolete JPG options disabled: "Load as grayscale" and "Save as grayscale"(easy to forget; can be re-enabled using new INI flags)
- Removed very old PlugIn: FiltersUnlimited- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions
I have been using it since 2005.
(I have Win 7 and just installed that version of IrfanView, without any problems, right into my Program Files (x86) folder.) I would guess, uninstall and check you install options, carefully?
My problems is with the Slideshow Mode and their Full Screen Options (Full Screen / Slideshow). None of them seem to be working or holding within Full Screen Mode? :(