There are 2 versions of MPC-Home Cinema available for download:
- the official one, developed and compiled by Casimir666,
- the versions compiled by XhmikosR. These are unmodified (vanilla) MPC-HC builds from the Git master branch.
Some features of MPC-HC 1.7:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support for Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Changes in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.3:
! Some subtitle entries could have been missing depending on how they overlapped in time
! Ticket #2870, Fix rare visual glitches on status bar
! Ticket #3881, DXVA status was invalid with certain decoders
! Ticket #3981, Subtitle renderer: the blur filter was sometimes wrong on some part of the subpicture
- See full changelog here.