Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes in PotPlayer 1.6.51480
+ Added French translation
+ Added Thai translation
+ Added Hebrew translation
+ Added Turkish translation
+ Added support for synchronized lyrics (SYLT) in MP3 files
+ Added the ability to play VOD HLS streams
+ Added text to speech feature
+ Added the ability to zoom, pan and stretch the image using Ctrl, Alt, Shift + mouse drag combination
+ Added the ability to set screen position of subtitles using Ctrl, Alt + mouse drag combination
- Fixed an issue where certain files cannot be decoded with CoreAVC
- Fixed a problem where game capture function did not work properly
- Fixed a problem where the program skips the next items when skip ending function was enabled
- Fixed an issue that can not play files from certain FTP servers
- Some arrangements in association and configuration tabs of preferences dialog
- Separated Built-in Audio Renderer into two different choices as Built-in Directsound and WASAPI Audio Renderers
- Improved controlling of playback audio speed
- Improved SRT subtitle loading