Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes to PotPlayer 1.7.3795
+ Added the ability to select the drag operation in touch settings
+ Added the ability to remember audio, subtitle stream for user selection
+ Added the ability to use the user ratio for video expansion
+ Added the ability to play clipboard contents (Ctrl+V)
- Improved reading ASS/SSA subtitle style
- Fixed an error when using certain Live logos
- Fixed an issue that color was strange with DXVA D3D11 copy-back under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue that DXVA D3D9 copy-back didn't work when using full screen exclusive mode
- Fixed an issue where title was broken when playing MP3 stream
- Improved handling of alternative subtitle font
- Improved an issue that UI responsed slowly when outputting complex ASS/SSA subtitles
- Changed some hotkeys (Upside down -> Ctrl+P)