Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes to PotPlayer 1.7.10667
+ Added the ability to play MP4 streams
- Improved seeking speed with Built-in HTTP Async Reader
- Modified playlist handling to work asynchronously when possible
- Fixed a problem where playback of AVI files did not work properly
- Fixed an issue where codec-related settings were reset when switching presets
- Fixed a problem that causes the program to crash when Built-in D3D11 Video Renderer is used in Windows 8
- Fixed an issue where multiple color tags could not be read when subtitle time period is started from 0
- Fixed a problem that prevents playback of certain fragmented MP4 files