Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes to PotPlayer 1.7.13963
* Fixed a security problem (remediation of damaged audio files playback vulnerability)
- Fixed a problem where broadcast notification did not work in certain systems
- Fixed a problem where album arts of certain MP3 were not shown
- Fixed a problem where webm format was not created when capturing video
- Fixed an issue that can't play certain blu-ray media
- Fixed an issue where cover images of certain ogg files were not shown
- Fixed a problem where cover image was not shown when playing seamlessly
- Fixed a problem that browsed slowly when using online subtitle translation
- Fixed a problem that screen did not come out when playing certain TS files
- Fixed an issue where the program was killed when changing the video resolution under certain conditions
- Fixed a bug of the built-in WASAPI audio renderer and improved it