Featuring Dolby Digital surround sound audio and hardware-accelerated video on all Microsoft DirectX compatible graphics processors, the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, a plug-in for Microsoft Windows Media Player and Media Center Edition, delivers unmatched color fidelity and smooth DVD, video, and TV viewing.
The NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder is also the best way to experience NVIDIA PureVideo on your NVIDIA GeForce 6 and 7 Series GPUs, enabling smooth, vibrant, and vivid videos.
The NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder is the first software decoder to receive the “Designed for Media Center Edition” certification, ensuring that it will deliver premium video quality and unmatched performance for Media Center PCs. In addition, the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder supports the transcoding function for Windows Mobile Portable Media Centers found within Windows Media Player.
Features of nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder 1.02-223
- Enables DVD viewing with Microsoft Windows Media Player or Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition
- High quality MPEG-2 decoder supports any third party software application based upon Microsoft DirectShow
- Enables PureVideo technology on GeForce 6 Series GPUs
- Dolby Digital surround sound decoding
- Minimizes CPU utilization by offloading the MPEG-2 decoding onto the graphics processor
- Enables advanced de-interlacing
- Decodes high-definition MPEG-2 streams for ATSC tuners
- Supports Windows Mobile-based Portable Media Centers allowing end users to transcode MPEG-2 content into Windows Media Video 9
- S/PDIF pass through for external decoding of Dolby Digital and DTS (compatible hardware required)
Changes in nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder 1.02-223
- Support for High Definition (HD) inverse telecine on compatible GPUs. See http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo.html for a list of supported GPUs.
After installing the PureVideo Decoder and using the MCE "speaker setup" wizard to select 5.1 speakers, the audio will only be set in 2 channel stereo mode. This is a known issue with Microsoft Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup2. You may download this patch to fix the problem
. The patch sets the proper value for 5.1 analog and must be run after using the speaker setup wizard. Note: You must run this patch every time after you run the wizard in order for the settings to remain active.
- Other compatibility fixes, click here to view the User's Guide
- This is the trial version of the software and will run for 30 days and enable all audio features To activate the trial version please use the activation information below during the installation process.
- First and Last Name: NVIDIA Trial
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last 4 Digits of Credit Card: 2004
- Activation Key: 7152-9346-DD6E-2CB0-79A3-5F08-AC23
The nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder is now the new name of the nVIDIA DVD Decoder.