The nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder offers support for MPEG2 videos and it ensures Dolby Digital surround sound so you enjoy the best video and audio quality.
Formerly known as the nVIDIA DVD Decoder, this software tool offers you a wide range of useful features: the PureVideo technology on GeForce 6 Series GPUs, Dolby Digital surround decoding, reducing CPU usage by using the graphics processor for MPEG-2 decoding, enabling advanced de-interlacing and supporting third party applications based on DirectShow.
The main advantages of the technology provided by the nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder are the unique color fidelity, the smooth image, the vivid colors and the excellent performance of the Media Center PCs.
Moreover, the nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder decodes high-definition MPEG-2 streams for ATSC tuners, it supports Windows Mobile-based portable media centers which allow end users to transcode MPEG-2 content into Windows Media Video 9 and it ensures S/PDIF pass through for external decoding of Dolby Digital and DTS, on condition that you have compatible hardware.
The requirements of the nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder are an NVIDIA GeForce 3 to 8 series video adapter or an NVIDIA Quadro series card. You also need to have DirectShow installed on your computer.
The nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder is highly recommended to anyone using Windows XP and looking to enjoy the best video and audio experience ever without needing to update their hardware.
- This is the trial version of the software and will run for 30 days and enable all audio features To activate the trial version please use the activation information below during the installation process.- First and Last Name: NVIDIA Trial
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last 4 Digits of Credit Card: 2004
- Activation Key: 7152-9346-DD6E-2CB0-79A3-5F08-AC23
- Click here to view the User's Guide
It can only be used on systems which have Windows XP installed and it is compatible with Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.