The Nero Encoder
included in the download.
It has the intuitive and user-friendly interface that the audio encoders above don’t offer as standalone applications; bearing user convenience in mind, the developers of LameXP have ensured batch processing and importing files by using the drag and drop method.
LameXP supports the following formats: AC3, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, Avisynth (audio only), FLAC
, ADPCM, APE, MP1, MP2, MP3, Musepack
, Shorten, Speex
, Sun/NeXT Au, TTA, WAV/RIFF, WavPack
Hybrid Lossless Audio, WMA etc.
During encoding, you can select quality, average bitrate, constant bitrate, and change the quality/bitrate ratio. Power users may be interested in adjusting the LAME algorithm quality, selecting sampling rate and the MP3 channel mode, enabling volume normalization filter, adjusting multithreading and many other advanced options.
Other features that may attract your attention in LameXP is the switching from dated Delphi IDE to an up-to-date tool chain, the support for various operating systems, creating new LameXP translations, offering support for PCM Wave-Audio files, MP3 files and raw PCM files, resampling and Stereo/Mono downmixing and allowing variable bitrate MP3 files and avarge bitrate encoding. It also provides a graphical user interface for Windows XP.
LameXP displays CPU and physical RAM usage during conversion; the process only lasts a few seconds and there is a sound alert at the end of the conversion.
If you need to convert your audio files into MP3, OGG, FLAC or WAV, Lame XP is definitely a software tool you need to take into consideration. It does its job impeccably and it satisfies the needs of expert users due to its many advanced options.
Changes from LameXP 4.15 to LameXP 4.16
- Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 with Update-5
- Updated LAME encoder to v3.100 Final (2017-10-13), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 14.1
- Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.25.8 (2017-12-02), compiled with GCC 7.2.0
- Updated Opus encoder/decoder libraries to v1.3-beta-2 (2018-01-26) and Opus-Tools to v0.1.10-12 (2018-01-02)
- Updated Monkey's Audio binary to v4.33 (2017-12-01), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
- Updated FAAD decoder to v2.8.6 (2017-10-10), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
- Updated ALAC decoder to refalac v1.64 (2017-05-19), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
- Updated WavPack decoder to v5.1.0 (2017-01-20), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
- Updated MediaInfo to v17.12 (2017-12-21), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 14.1
- Updated GnuPG to v1.4.22 (2017-07-19), compiled with GCC 7.2.0
- Updated QAAC add-in (separate download) to QAAC v2.64 (2017-07-19), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
- Complete re-write of MediaInfo parsing code, now using XML-based MediaInfo output
- Improved auto-detection of max. parallel instances on computers with "fast" (i.e. SSD or similar) drive
- Some improvements to output file name generation code
- Added "Visual Elements" manifest for Windows 8+ "Start" screen tile
Its main feature is converting audio files and it also offers advanced configuration settings.