The Nero Encoder
included in the download.
It has the intuitive and user-friendly interface that the audio encoders above don’t offer as standalone applications; bearing user convenience in mind, the developers of LameXP have ensured batch processing and importing files by using the drag and drop method.
LameXP supports the following formats: AC3, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, Avisynth (audio only), FLAC
, ADPCM, APE, MP1, MP2, MP3, Musepack
, Shorten, Speex
, Sun/NeXT Au, TTA, WAV/RIFF, WavPack
Hybrid Lossless Audio, WMA etc.
During encoding, you can select quality, average bitrate, constant bitrate, and change the quality/bitrate ratio. Power users may be interested in adjusting the LAME algorithm quality, selecting sampling rate and the MP3 channel mode, enabling volume normalization filter, adjusting multithreading and many other advanced options.
Other features that may attract your attention in LameXP is the switching from dated Delphi IDE to an up-to-date tool chain, the support for various operating systems, creating new LameXP translations, offering support for PCM Wave-Audio files, MP3 files and raw PCM files, resampling and Stereo/Mono downmixing and allowing variable bitrate MP3 files and avarge bitrate encoding. It also provides a graphical user interface for Windows XP.
LameXP displays CPU and physical RAM usage during conversion; the process only lasts a few seconds and there is a sound alert at the end of the conversion.
If you need to convert your audio files into MP3, OGG, FLAC or WAV, Lame XP is definitely a software tool you need to take into consideration. It does its job impeccably and it satisfies the needs of expert users due to its many advanced options.
Changes from LameXP 4.12 to LameXP 4.13
* Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 with Update-1
* Apply the original file's "creation" and "last modified" date/time to the output file (optional)
* Updated Vorbis encoder to OggEnc v2.88 (2015-09-10), using libvorbis v1.3.5 and aoTuV b6.03_2015
* Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.78 (2015-10-02), compiled with ICL 15.0 and MSVC 12.0
* Fixed resampling bug with Vorbis encoder, regression in OggEnc v2.87
* Fixed creation of Monkey's Audio (APE) files, when no meta data is being embedded
* Updated language files (big thank-you to all contributors !!!)
Its main feature is converting audio files and it also offers advanced configuration settings.