is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding
application for Windows. It uses HandBrake
as its encoding engine.
Features of VidCoder 1.4
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs. You've got several options to remove the encryption:
- AnyDVD ($89, removes encryption on the fly)
- Passkey for DVD
($40, removes encryption on the fly)
- MakeMKV (Free, requires copying to the hard drive before encoding)
- DVDFab DVD Copy ($50, requires copying to the hard drive before encoding)
- DVD Decrypter (Free, requires copying to the hard drive before encoding, no longer updated)
There is Blu-ray ripping, but subtitles are not supported yet. Also, again, VidCoder does not defeat AACS or BD+ Blu-ray encryption. There are a few options for removing it:
- AnyDVD HD ($152, removes encryption on the fly)
- Passkey for Blu-ray
($60, removes encryption on the fly)
- MakeMKV (Currently free in time-limited beta, requires copying to the hard drive before encoding)
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy ($60, requires copying to the hard drive before encoding)
- Subtitles are not yet read from Blu-ray sources
- Encoding may stop prematurely for MKV files on the x86 build. Looking into this but for now if you run into this problem I suggest changing to the x64 version, using an MP4 container or rolling back to 0.8.2.
Chnages in VidCoder 1.4.19 beta
- Updated HandBrake core to SVN 5415.
- Changed setup file icon to the VidCoder icon.
- Added some error checking around the possibility of the EncodingProfile getting set to null.
- Fixed "Stop" and "Pause" functionality for non-worker process encoding.
- Fixed bug where the automatic deletion option would fail if the source had just been closed.
on 12 March 2012, reviewed by: Ben
Finally I have found what I have spent about 2 months looking for.
An encoder that will :-
1. Read Vob files with AC3 audio
2. Will Batch encode multiple files at once (with out having to set each up one by one!)
3. Has AC3 pass through
4. Dose not mess up the Image size or aspect.
5. Give amazing results
6. It simple to use and easy to tweak.
Thank you to the vid coder team, you have made me very happy. Keep up the good work. and remember if it ain't broken don't try and fix it!
Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.