It can be considered as one of the most comprehensive ISO MPEG-4 solutions.
The formats supported by MeGUI are the following: MPEG-4 ASP (XviD), MPEG-4 AVC (x264), AAC, MP2, MP3, FLAC
, Ogg Vorbis
, AC3 audio and various common containers (MP4, MKV, AVI, M2TS).
This software tool also supports the open source wavelet based Snow codec.
The encoders featured by MeGUI are mencoder, x264.exe
& Nero AAC encoder
and mp4box, for muxing.
Since v1.2828 MeGUI needs Windows 7 or later, last version for Windows XP is v1.2525 and last version for Windows Vista is v1.2808 - all of them available for download
. It also requires the .NET framework.
MeGUI is easy to work with and any standard user will learn how to handle it in no time.
There are many how to use guides for this conversion tool online and the application is being constantly updated.
The guides show you how to convert various multimedia formats to H.264 using MeGUI, how to convert DVD to XviD, how to prepare a DVD for editing in a NLE or how to reencode and shrink HD anime with MeGUI.
The latest versions of MeGUI feature changes such as:
- [DGIndexNV Indexer] adjusted AVS script parameters (requires DGIndexNV 2053.163+)
- [DGIndexNV Indexer] mod2 is forced for crop values (was mod4 before)
- [FFmpeg AAC Encoder] added FFmpeg AAC encoder. patch by Yarick Yermak (patch #71)
- [FFmpeg AAC Encoder] unlike the other AAC encoder this one is available without any additional actions
If you want to use MeGUI, you need to have installed to your computer Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Once you have all these tools on your computer, you can enjoy the powerful features of MeGUI and perform transcoding.
- In order to use latest version of MeGUI (1.2924 - core file), copy and paste MeGUI.exe into MeGUI 1.2913's folder. So, download both archives and overwrite MeGUI's executable file.
A frontend for a variety of tools, it also contains utilities which optimize the conversion process.