library and it has a richer user interface compared to the official Handbrake GUI.
You don’t need to install HandBrake in order to use VidCoder.
The first advantage offered by this application is the intuitive, simple interface which allows you to choose between the drag and drop option and the browse button for adding files.
Further easiness of use is ensured by the batch processing functionality; you can encode multiple video files at the same time.
VidCoder comes with a set of advanced features. It is multi-threaded, it performs H.264 encoding using x264, the best video encoder in the world, it has decomb, detelecine and deinterlace filters, it can pause or resume encoding and it creates small encoded preview clips.
Advanced users have the possibility of setting video parameters as they wish (video codec, framerate, quality etc.)
The only limitations of VidCoder is not being able to break down CSS, AACS or BD+ Blu-ray encryption found on commercial discs, which means you will have to use software which removes encryption.
The latest releases of VidCoder come with significant fixes:
VidCoder is a reliable application which offers all the solutions and advanced options you need to rip DVDs and Blu-rays fast and easy.
- Updated HandBrake core. This removes the FDK AAC encoders, which can no longer be included due to GPL license compatibility concerns.
- The "Custom folder for previews" setting now also overrides the directory used for HandBrake's static previews.
- Added fractional display for output PAR value.
- Changed automation service listener to lazy startup to save 500ms on startup time.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed bug preventing custom name format in picker from applying to batched files.
- Fixed rare crash with drag/drop.
This tool is able to perform more than just conversion; it also allows you to edit your movies. All actions are performed quickly and error-free.