library and it has a richer user interface compared to the official Handbrake GUI.
You don’t need to install HandBrake in order to use VidCoder.
The first advantage offered by this application is the intuitive, simple interface which allows you to choose between the drag and drop option and the browse button for adding files.
Further easiness of use is ensured by the batch processing functionality; you can encode multiple video files at the same time.
VidCoder comes with a set of advanced features. It is multi-threaded, it performs H.264 encoding using x264, the best video encoder in the world, it has decomb, detelecine and deinterlace filters, it can pause or resume encoding and it creates small encoded preview clips.
Advanced users have the possibility of setting video parameters as they wish (video codec, framerate, quality etc.)
The only limitations of VidCoder is not being able to break down CSS, AACS or BD+ Blu-ray encryption found on commercial discs, which means you will have to use software which removes encryption.
The latest releases of VidCoder come with significant updates:
VidCoder is a reliable application which offers all the solutions and advanced options you need to rip DVDs and Blu-rays fast and easy.
- Added setting to manually change app theme.
- Added button on encoding settings to apply the current settings to the queue.
- Added option to apply current encoding settings to selected queue items.
- Removed modal dialog asking if user wants to apply changes to queue.
- Fixed crash on SRT subtitle.
- Fixed inaccurate progress when adding a queue item while encoding.
This tool is able to perform more than just conversion; it also allows you to edit your movies. All actions are performed quickly and error-free.