Features of StaxRip 1.1
- No spyware, adware or any other form of malware.
- Open Source, Freeware.
- No registry bloat, settings are saved in files within the application's directory or within the user directory. No lost settings after a fresh windows installation.
- No awkward setup/installer, no system changes, system bloat and trash.
- Easy to use and highly customizable.
- Reasonable default values for filters, codecs etc.
- Rich help system including, online help (assistant), context sensitive help and forum support.
- Rich and convenient cutting facilities e.g. to remove ads.
- Batch processing (jobs).
- Rich feature set to manage, integrate and download required third party application transparently instead of awkward or dangerous codec packs or application packs.
- AviSynth powered to achieve excelent video quality and support of almost any source format.
- Rapid development using the latest and greatest technology .NET Framework 2.0
- Reportet bugs get fixed quickly, often a new version is available on the same day!
- Many feature requests get incorporated very quickly.
- Video formats: DivX, XviD, x264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- Audio formats: MP3, AC3, MP2/MPA, AAC, DTS, WAV
- Container formats: AVI, MP4, MPG, MKV, DIVX
Changes in StaxRip 1.1.8
- Updated mkvtoolnix to version 5.8.0
- Updated x264 to version r2216
- Updated ffms2 to version 2.16
- Updated MediaInfo to version 0.7.51.0
- Added Drag & Drop support in text boxes that edit code and command lines
- Added option for DGDecodeNV cropping (Ask | Enabled | Disabled)
- Added the flat Windows 8 menu style
- Added various iPhone and iPad generations to the x264 device option
- Fixed various cosmetic problems
on 21 July 2013, reviewed by: mike
This is an excellent piece of conversion software.
I wanted to do a simple thing of converting the (6Gig) .avi file (from Premiere) to a divX file that would play directly on a TV.
With a little bit of practice I got StaxRip to give me a high quality (900Meg) divX file without errors, watermarks or ads that played perfectly on the TV.
StaxRip 1.1.6 final
on 16 July 2010, reviewed by: Branislav
the best of the best......
StaxRip 220.127.116.11 beta
on 12 November 2009, reviewed by: Seva
Tested. Easy to use. Very good converter indeed.