SoP is the abbreviation for Streaming over P2P. Sopcast is a Streaming Direct Broadcasting System based on P2P. The core is the communication protocol produced by Sopcast Team, which is named sop://, or Sop technology.
Features of SopCast 3.8
- State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load
- Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Record the clips when you are watching it.
Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
- Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
- The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
- The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
- Freeware, ad/spyware free!
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in SopCast 3.8.2
- Improved the data transfer performance.
- Quick load when playing H.264 channels.
- Update Netherlands language(thanks to golfdiesel at hotmail.com).
- Update Korean language(thanks to kolanp at gmail.com).
- Manually adds recording schedule while channel is offline.
- Fixed a bug player window cann't be fullscreen on second monitor.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
on 25 February 2010, reviewed by: Scientific Frontline
Know for malware and virus since 2006 to current.
By several organizations.
Start here for your research.
on 19 March 2009, reviewed by: kwaai
tyvm finally one that does download normaly and without any hidden sms activation
on 16 September 2008, reviewed by: george
thank you my friend!!!!
Let anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal computer and a home broadband connection.