Once you install the QuickTime Alternative codec, you will also have the Media Player Classic application deployed on your computer.
However, you can choose what components to install, so you can skip unwanted elements.
Another caution you need to take is uninstalling all previous QuickTime related products to prevent errors.
To be more specific, QuickTime Alternative is fitted with the following components:
- Media Player Classic, the well-known application with simple interface but with powerful features;
- QuickTime Codecs;
- QuickTime DirectShow filter (it allows you to play QuickTime content in any player);
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer;
- QuickTime plugins for other Internet browsers (Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Chrome, Netscape);
- CoreAVC (an external filter for Media Player Classic),
- CoreAAC (an AAC DirectShow filter decoder based on FAAD2)
- and some extra plugins for QuickTime, in case you will need to view special formats on some web pages.
You won’t even feel you have installed this application to your computer, but this doesn’t mean you can’t control it. You can open a simple window for configuring QuickTime Alternative whenever it is necessary.
QuickTime Alternative is exactly what you need when you just want to play QuickTime formats without using other third-party software and installing other pro QuickTime programs such as media players or picture viewers.
In conclusion, this small-sized virtual item is a simple and fast solution for those who want to play QuickTime formats like MOV, QT or 3GP hassle-free and without deploying on their computers software they are not otherwise interested in.
The only difference between the regular and lite versions is that the lite version does not include Media Player Classic.
Changes in QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2
- Updated QuickTime components version 220.127.116.11
- Enabled support for embedded mp4/m4a files
- Fixed configuration option at end of installation
- Now shows a warning when an incompatible version of Apple Application Support is detected
MOV and QT formats will not be a problem anymore, regardless of the media player or Internet browser you are using.