The simple and intuitive interface makes it easy to perform basic conversion tasks, while supporting additional features like joining and splitting movie clips, and batch conversion for converting multiple movies in one step.
Features of Free Video Converter 1.0
- Opens and converts from the following file formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, MPEG, MTS, RM, RMVB, QT, WMV, and others recognized by your computer (Direct Show).
- Converts to the following output format: AVI, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime (QT), WMV.
- Easy and simple user interface including the movie preview area, timeline and editing area, and video clip management area.
- Supports splitting or merging multiple videos by selecting movie sections to be merged or split.
- Supports the new high-definition high-quality format H.264, including multi-pass conversion for even higher quality. This allows creating best quality movies at minimum size.
- Provides predefined conversion settings for instant conversion to movie formats supported by YouTube, iPod, iPhone, HDTV, and Web pages (Flash).
- Supports saving custom conversion settings.
- Supports movie scaling (resizing), deinterlacing, and changing frames-per-second.
- Supports batch mode to quickly convert multiple movies or selections to a single or separate output files.
- Supports saving and loading movie conversion projects.
- Creates HTML pages that play converted videos as Flash movies (FLV) for easy publishing to the Web.
- Absolutely free - nothing to buy!
It supports wide variety of video formats from AVI to Flash (FLV) and high-definition movies (MTS) captured with new HD cameras.