Features of LAV Filters 0.6
• Note that this list only lists properly tested formats/codecs, many others may just work!
MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
- Video Codecs:
, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8, MJPEG and many more.
- Audio Codecs:
AAC, AC3, DTS(-HD), TrueHD, MP3/MP2, Vorbis, LPCM and more.
VOB, DVB Subs, PGS, SRT, SSA/ASS, Text
- BluRay Support:
Support for opening BluRay playlists (.mpls), as well as the index.bdmv file, which will try to detect the main movie playlist!
BluRay support is still in an early stage, and there are still many improvements and new features planned!
Other Notable Features
- Full Stream switching
- MKV Embedded Fonts
- Audio Bitstreaming (through LAV Audio)
- Some other splitters register in a "bad" way and force all players to use them. The Haali Media Splitter
is one of those, and to give priority to the LAVFSplitter you have to either uninstall Haali or rename its .ax file at least temporarily.
- Not all containers are equally supported, so some formats may fail in one container and work in another.
Also note that "tested" doesn't mean it won't fail eventually. There are many combinations of codecs, and its impossible to test all of them for developer.
Changes in LAV Filters 0.61.1
* LAV Splitter
- NEW: Support for opening "icyx://" stream URLs
- Fixed: Opening of some Blu-ray discs would take several minutes and could hang the player.
* LAV Video
- Fixed: Aggressive Deinterlacing is no longer applied to soft-telecined content, which caused severe playback issues.
LAV Filters 0.54.1
on 13 December 2012, reviewed by: tsjnachos
These codecs play just about everything under the sun. If you can play it with, eg, MPlayer, VLC, or any other FFMpeg-based player, you can use this to play it with Windows Media Player, or any other DirectShow player.
Seriously, even BD decoding technology is included, although I haven't tested this. If you have a stubborn video that should play, but won't, this is the solution.
LAV Filters 0.54.1
on 10 December 2012, reviewed by: MDSuave
I have a 1080p Avi file and LAV Filter installed in a KMPlayer. It is choppy with this HD file but when switched back to use a divx 6.10 codec, it played well. This is the only time that I have problem with LAV
LAV Filters 0.51.2
on 18 July 2012, reviewed by: Ben
Its a wonderful filter for playing all kind of video and audio. Nvidia CUVID works flawlessly and its performance is just awesome. I feel now this LAV is better than ffdshow.
Highly recommended for the best playback.