Features of Corel WinDVD 11
• Blu-ray Disc and HD Playback
- Play More HD Formats
* Play all Blu-ray Disc formats and AVCREC
* Enjoy direct playback of HD videos recorded with the latest AVCHD™ and Blu-ray Disc camcorders
* Navigate and decode MPEG-2 Transport Stream video so you can watch captured HDTV programs. Easily select content to view with handy navigation tools
-- Outstanding Blu-ray Performance for Your BD-enabled PC
* Experience high-definition Blu-ray movies with stunning 1080p sharpness and next-generation surround sound
* Get amazing extras, bonus features and exciting ways to interact with content, brought to you by your BD-Live titles
* Playback HD video from DVD recordable discs with AVCREC support
* Enjoy mouse simulation for BD-J menu navigation
• Superior Video and Audio Quality
- Upscale Video Quality on Standard DVDs
* Experience Corel's brand new upscaling technology that delivers near-HD quality video from standard DVDs
* GPU-accelerated upscaling works across different platforms
* Choose from two modes: basic and advanced
- Playback Directly from Camera or Camcorder
Looking at your video on a tiny camcorder or digital camera screen doesn't do the clip justice. Preview videos on your PC directly from your camera, camcorder or storage device for a much clearer picture of the event you captured. Just plug in and press Play!
- Superior Home Theater Sound & Headphone Quality
Like you're hearing it live! Get superior sound performance with Dolby Digital Sound. Easily configure your personal home theater with WinDVD Pro 2010 and the following technologies:
* Dolby Headphone/Dolby Virtual Speaker/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx
* DTS NEO: 6 – get incredible surround sound effects
• Enhanced Power Management
- New GPU/CPU Enhancements
When it comes to video, faster is better. Thanks to new optimization for new CPUs and GPUs, WinDVD is faster than ever before. It outpaces the competition, providing quick, smooth DVD playback and responsive controls.
- Extended Battery Life
Now your DVD playback software ensures that your battery lasts the whole movie, every time. The new power plan is designed for optimal performance to extend the battery life on Windows Vista and Windows 7—without comprising video quality.
• Video Effects and DVD Playback Controls
- New Design
Find controls faster and easier with WinDVD's new user interface design.
- Windows 7 Support
Moving up to the exciting new user experience of Windows 7? WinDVD Pro 2010 DVD software is ready and waiting. Optimized for the new operating system, it supports key Windows 7 features, including Windows Touch, Jumplists, and Taskbar integration.
- Movie Control at Your Fingertips
Take total control of your HD experience with a single touch. Combined with a Windows 7 touch screen PC, WinDVD Pro 2010 lets you access all of WinDVD's controls with the touch of a finger.
Want to watch a movie that's longer than your trip? WinDVD is the perfect travel companion! Be sure to catch the end of every movie with unique speed control that lets you set the time for DVD playback.
- Pan & Zoom
Click and drag your mouse to pan across any part of the screen or use a simple hotkey to zoom in for a closer look. These tools are also ideal for optimizing DVD playback for a widescreen display.
- Capture Image/QuickClip
Easily grab a favorite movie scene as a still picture or animated clip, then share it with friends via email.
Changes in WinDVD 2011 11.0
• New Blu-ray 3D player support
Now get even more out of your 3D DVD playback experience. This latest Blu-ray 3D player has new 3D support that includes Blu-ray 3D and BDXL formats, accommodates side-by-side playback, and lets you watch 3D video files from any Fujifilm 3D camera or new 3D camcorder. Play high-definition Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D movies with stunning 1080p sharpness and next-generation surround sound.
• Enhanced 3D playback with new 3D glasses included!
Experience 3D your way! With leading 3D technologies such as Frame Sequential and Polarization 3D playback, plus support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Shutter Glasses and XpanD Polarized Glasses, you have many different ways to watch 3D movies. The box version includes a free pair of Anaglyph glasses.
• New 2D to 3D conversion
Convert and enjoy 2D movies in full 3D definition for the most lifelike viewing experience! This Blu-ray player software now supports 2D to 3D conversion for DVD-Video, and standard and HD video files.
• Enhanced interface (best in industry!)
Enjoy an easy-to-use, feature-rich interface that serves up all the controls you need in a simple menu. This latest version makes it easier for you to optimize your experience with new controls, which include new Playlist tools.
• New file support
Take advantage of new file support for FLV, MKV and MP4, increasing the extensive format support already available.
• DVD playback enhancements
Enhance your video quality with new anti-shake and frame rate upconversion features, plus enjoy enhanced picture upscaling and saturation adjustment. We've also introduced new playlists for continuous movie playback.
• Enhanced performance
When it comes to video, faster is better. Thanks to optimization for new CPUs and GPUs from NVIDIA, Intel and AMD, this latest version of Corel's popular DVD playback and Blu-ray player software is faster than ever before. Plus, extended power-saving capabilities for Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Vista laptops give you more life from your laptop.
Corel WinDVD 2010 10.0.5.713 (formerly WinDVD Platinum)
on 06 March 2011, reviewed by: omnomnom
This program takes FOREVER to load blu rays, that is, if it does decide to work and not randomly turn off your laptop's display forcing you to restart until it works. But wait, there's more. On some hdtvs, it will not play the dts audio.
This program is the worst piece of nuts that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and I recommend that you look around for superior blu ray software, such as Arcsoft's Total Media Theatre.
Corel WinDVD 2010 10.0.5.361 (formerly WinDVD Platinum)
on 06 June 2010, reviewed by: red
DOES NOT PLAY MKV FILES; VERSION 8 (INTER VIDEO) DID.
WinDVD 10 Pro 2010 (formerly WinDVD Platinum)
on 19 September 2009, reviewed by: Maria Vargaz
Nothing speciale, beside BD don't offer anything I can get with free splash lite
Immerse yourself in the true HD experience and radically enhance your viewing pleasure. Rich color. Sharp contrast. Crisp, booming sound. Lifelike detail. Once you go HD, there's no turning back!