Wavosaur is also a VST host, it means you can use VST effects on your audio recording, listen in real time to the audio processed by effects, and apply the effects of course.
You can make a chain of effects, this means endless possibilities with all the VST plugins effects available nowadays.
Wavosaur can record from your soundcard inputs, and lets you monitor your audio ports.
Inserting loop points and markers to your audio files is very easy.
Wavosaur is also MIDI controlable, you can use a MIDI control surface to command the main functions of Wavosaur.
Features of Wavosaur 1.0
- Cut ,copy, paste, trim-crop
- Loop points creation and markers
- VST host, effect chaining
- MIDI implementation
- 2D Spectrum analysis
- 3D Spectrum analysis
- real-time oscilloscope waveform, FFT & pan
- Insert silence, fade, normalize, vocal remover etc.
- Complete statistics about the waveform
- AIFF, WAV, raw format support
- MP3 import
- Recording soundcard input
- Audio conversion
- And many more...
Changes in Wavosaur 1.0.8
* Frequency editor:
- New memory manager: different type of curves (channel, buffer size) are displayed
- New FFT computation, with selection of buffer size
- zoom in zoom out with button, mouse and keyboard
- navigation inside the wave file with keyboard and toolbar
- Find peak tool
- Open and save as feature to load and write computation files to hard drive
- Selection bug fixed
* New Sonogram:
- Saturation level added
- Window is now stand alone
- Window is resizable
- Windowing, data size, et FFT buffer size are configurable in a new dialog
- New high performance filter added: with new dialog box for customizations of frequency, type and precision
- Band pass and notch recursive filter with new dialogbox for property choice
* more :
- VST GUI dialog box size bug fixed
- VST properties diplayed in the VST rack manager
- High precision FFT pitch shift added in process menu
- Color configuration added: all the colors of Wavosaur are modifiable
- Volume dialog box is now dockable in the right or the left corners of the mainframe
- Print preview and printing available
- SOR file bug fixed
- Master volume reset bug fixed
on 07 November 2012, reviewed by: Andrew
Tried to open a 600Mb .wav file. After 100 seconds of huffing and puffing Wavosaur opened an empty window, although other editors show this file with all waveforms intact. Garbage.
Wavosaur lets you edit all your samples and audio recording. You can cut, copy, paste parts of your digital recording. Wavosaur provides many tools and shortcuts to make the editing very fast and efficient. The program was designed to give a powerful audio editor but very easy and fast to use.