TagScanner is a tool which will make your media collection look neat and organized by editing tags, renaming files using tag information and, the other way around, generating tag information from filenames.
Fortunately, with an application like TagScanner, your work becomes a lot easier.
The first good thing you will notice about this application will be its user-friendly interface.
Start by adding a music folder to the list using either the file browser or the “drag and drop” method.
Along the way, you will discover many useful features: renaming files using tag information; multiple files tag editing; importing tag information from online databases; obtaining tag information from files and folder names; easy word replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames; support for embedded lyrics and cover art, converting between various tag versions and many others.
The most important audio formats supported by TagScanner are MP3, OGG, APE, FLAC, AAC, SPX, WP, WMA, MP4 and several others.
Playlists can be exported to HTML, Excel and CSV (for MySQL).
Results can be easily previewed in TagScanner, and you are encouraged to use convenient tools such as a tag editor, a batch tag processor and a list maker. Whenever you want to cancel a change, press the “Undo” button. Other features you can activate are automatic checkup for updates, custom genres and templates and proxy settings configuration.
TagScanner is an excellent solution if you want to organize your music collection with a focus on tag information and file names. It saves a lot of time and effort and you will find your music files more easily from now on.
Changes to TagScanner 6.1.16:
- New: Now you can toggle size of list of placeholders— Full list of changes.
- New: function $reverse(x)
- Improved: function $trim(x,c) now has optional parameter with list of character to remove and additional versions $trimleft and $trimright
- Improved: Adjusted layout of web search results since 6.1.15
- Fixed: Auto-hided taskbar can't popup while program window maximized
- Fixed: Resize cover didn't work as intended is some rare cases
- Updated default export scripts
- Updated support for OPUS format
- Translation: Slovenian