Mp3tag supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Main featues of Mp3tag
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
- Besides these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Changes in Mp3tag 2.58
- CHG: improved parsing performance when reading MP4 files.
- FIX: occasionally skipped last value for multi-value ID3v2 text fields.
- CHG: reverted change: ID3v2.3 TYER/TDAT now merged into one YEAR field formatted as YYYY-MM-DD (due to popular request).
- LNG: updated Czech, Finnish, Hebrew, and Spanish translations.
- FIX: added workaround for broken MP4 implementations that are writing empty cnID atoms.
- FIX: added workaround for broken MP4 implementations that are writing invalid atom sizes.
- NEW: added support for setting cover description for multiple different covers at once.
on 29 October 2010, reviewed by: Jezz
Probably the best free software ever. This is what all software should be like. Flawless. I added album art to my collection, removed copyright tags, and removed composers all in one fell swoop. Yes, I'm anal-retentive.
Oh, did I say it's free? Sweet Jesus...
on 09 March 2009, reviewed by: scotty_riddler
Simply the best! You can do everything you want with your music files.
on 16 January 2008, reviewed by: K*
This is the definitive tag editor. Filename to tag editing & vice versa, instant removal of tags, batch writing of tags, and more. Look no further, this program is the best tag editor for organised savvy listeners.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.