Features of REAPER 4.5
- Portable - supports running from USB keys or other removable media
- 64 bit audio engine
- Excellent low-latency performance
- Stunning multiprocessor performance
- Direct multi-track recording to many formats including WAV/BWF/W64, AIFF, WavPack, FLAC, OGG, and MIDI.
- Extremely flexible routing
- Supports a wide range of hardware (nearly any audio interface, outboard hardware, many control surfaces)
- Support for VST, VSTi, DX, DXi effects
- ReaPlugs: high quality 64 bit effect suite
- Tightly coded - installer is just over 3MB
- Tool-less mouse interface -- spend less time clicking
- Drag and drop files to instantly import them into a project
- Support for mixing any combination of file type/samplerate/bit depth on each track
- Easily split, move, and resize items
- Each item has easily manipulated fades and volume
- Tab to transient support
- Configurable and editable automatic crossfading of overlapping items
- Per-item pitch shift and time stretch
- Arbitrary item grouping
- Markers and envelopes can be moved in logical sync with editing operations
- Ripple editing - moving/deletion of items can optionally affect later items
- Multiple tempos and time signatures per project
- Ability to define and edit project via regions
- Automation envelopes
- See full list of features here
Changes in REAPER 4.52
- Actions: various actions better respect edit cursor in undo state
- Graphics performance: fixed high CPU use when displaying media items with many embedded cues
- MIDI editor: better cursor positioning on note edge clicks .
- MIDI editor: fixed scroll issues, improved play cursor behavior
- MIDI editor: track and channel selection available in both piano roll and event list view
- MIDI editor: fixed channel filter initializing incorrectly when loading projects
- MIDI: fixed pasting events into blank area of arrange view
- Metering: fixed track metering inaccuracies on looped playback
- Playback: fixed rare but possible increased memory use when changing loop selection during playback
- ReaPlugs: improved undo point notification for various controls
- Routing matrix: fixed scroll issue .
- Video: fixed audio decoding issue when using VLC decoder on files containing a 32bps audio stream
- See full list of changes here
REAPER 4.0 beta 2
on 08 May 2011, reviewed by: poundsmack
Fantastic software, highly reccomend!
on 01 September 2010, reviewed by: guest
best software for multitrack recording I have ever tried in my life
REAPER 1.0 final
on 24 August 2006, reviewed by: Mike Ganley
Great software. Everything Vegas and Audition have tried to be!
REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike. It requires no dongle, has no copy protection, and can be evaluated with full functionality.