Winamp Community Update Project 1.9.20
Winamps plays a variety of audio files (MP3, AAC, WAV, OGG, MOD, S3M, XM, MIDI) and the next types of video files: AVI, MPEG, NSV and ASF.
For those users which only listen to music in Winamp, they should know that this reliable piece of software offers a wider range of features than expected.
Install the latest version of Winamp and explore visualization and audio effect plug-ins; organize your contents in the advanced media library provided by Winamp; enjoy radio and TV support and even perform CD ripping and burning.
Despite of viewing more and more contents on the Web and storing our information in the cloud rather than on our computers, Winamp still has its place on any computer and it has not lost its usefulness.
Changes to Winamp Community Update Project 1.9.20:
- Added an import folder option onto the root local library navigation tree node so it's more obvious & consistent with other menu actions— Full list of changes.
- Added an option to the import folder dialog for the local library plug-in to control if the chosen folder will also be added to the Folder Monitor
— Full list of changes.
+ Changes to Winamp 5.9:
* Improved: Windows 11 compatibility
* Improved: Playback of https:// streams
* Improved: Updated and tidier generate html playlist code
* Improved: [in_flac] Hi-res playback support (24bit/192kHz, etc.)
* Improved: [in_mkv] vp8 support
* Improved: [in_mod] Playback of .itz, .mdz, .s3z & .xmz compressed modules
* Improved: [ml_rg] Added message throttle and other optimizations
* Improved: [ml_wire] New working Podcast Directory
* Improved: [out_ds] Display device information correctly in Unicode format
* Fixed: [in_midi/in_mkv/nu/pfc] memory leaks
* Fixed: [in_mp3] id3 empty genre displayed as Blues or Psychobilly
* Fixed: [ml_rg] Calculate ReplayGain for Ogg Vorbis files
* Fixed: [out_wasapi] Volume resets to zero on track change
* Fixed: [out_wave] Crash when playing module/tracker formats
* Misc: lame_enc & libsndfile now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: libmpg123, libflac & zlib now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: Major compiler refactoring work
* Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Minimum required OS is now Windows 7 SP1
* Misc: New online Help section and articles
after that you need to config a litthe, disable internet, but in the end the player is great
it was epic in the 2.xx era,
Use it with enhancer 0.17 plugin - it is an old plugin but once you install it, it changes all your mp3s to pure sound bliss. windows 7 needs an enhancer wrapper - google it - not big only kb.
been using winamp+enhancer and never change - dont even bother about foobar or other -you can't match the combination