A distinct feature from others similar products available on the market is that Solveig AVI Trimmer + MKV operates with AVI and MKV files of any video and audio content.
If you can't properly trim your file with the trimmer tool you have - just try to do it with Solveig AVI Trimmer + MKV!
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer + MKV supports
• AVI Format files - (*.avi):
- DV AVI type 1, 2
- OpenDML AVI
- AVI files with any video content. DivX; XviD; MPEG4, etc.
- AVI files with audio content. MPEG-1,2 Layer I, II, III; AC3; OGG, etc.
- AVI files VBR MPEG audio, keeping the synchronization
- Large AVI files. More than 2 and 4 GB
• MKV Format files - (*.mkv):
- MKV files with video content: AVC, DivX; XviD; MPEG4, etc. and with any audio content.
Features of AVI Trimmer + MKV 2.0
- Based on SolveigMM Video Editing Engine.
- Supports any video content - DV, XviD, DivX, 3ivX, MPEG-4, etc.
- Supports any audio content - MPEG-1,2 Layer I, II, III; AC3, etc.
- Allows trimming AVI files contained VBR audio without synchronization loss.
- Supports AVI files of the size more then 2 and 4 GB.
- Supports Matroska files.
- Supports the OpenDML AVI file format extension.
- K frame/ GOP accuracy.
- Cutting off several portions of a movie at one time is allowed. You can get rid of all commercials in your movie in a couple of simple steps.
- Multilingual interface. Chinese, Danish, English, German, Finnish, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish and more other.
Changes in AVI Trimmer + MKV 2.0.1210.11
- Hangs on trimming files with extension that not belongs to actual file type
- Hangs and crash on opening some mkv files
- Black screen after trimming video only on AVI files with AVC1
- Hangs on trimming multiple fragments on some AVI files
- Hangs on trimming AVI files with MP3 audio with variable bitrate
- "Unable to Start Scene Detection." message on mkv files with chapters
AVI Trimmer 2.0.1008.17 beta
on 24 August 2010, reviewed by: djb
I'm surprised that they released a new major version of it, but it's very much needed. Just tried it and it works really well. There are some minor changes to the look of the icon and buttons when the program is started. Also, this newer version now supports MKV, which I don't care much for, but still, for those who deal with a lot of MKV files, this will definitely be great to use.
There was one thing they fixed that sold me. When entering the time, I can simply type it in, and it moves from one column to the next as I do it, without me having to use my mouse at all. Earlier versions, had this capability, but in the later versions past 1.6, it was removed for some reason.
I use this a lot, because I have nothing but ".avi" files and I have to trim down a lot of big files. It works great when I need it. Would definitely recommend this software to just about anyone willing to try it.
AVI Trimmer 1.6.803.02
on 14 April 2008, reviewed by: Jo
This program is easy to use and is great as long as your dvd player will support the trimmed/split files. I made the mistake of editing out the credits of 10 episodes of Medium and found that they no longer worked in my Hitachi dvd player as a result. The files worked fine on my pc though. Be sure to make sure that the created avi files are compatable with your dvd first!
AVI Trimmer 1.5.709.25
on 26 September 2007, reviewed by: Milan Smith
Great tool for trimming or spliting or cutting avi files. Unlike some other programs in the similar branch this one doesn't produce audio/video sync problems. The use is pretty straightforward. So no complaints on my part. Simple and does the job.
No video / audio degradation and out of sync problem arises after editing. All AVI and MKV file types of any size and video / audio content are supported.