Some of the features you will find in VCDGear are
- MPEG stream extractions from popular CD images
- On the fly MPEG correction to fix certain types of MPEG errors
- Super VideoCD and VideoCD image creation
- Sample generation
- Multilanguage support
- Graphical interface and command-line versions available
- Cross platform
- Free! (donations are accepted!)
- Anyone requiring the need to transport their video materials will find VCDGear as a useful tool to assist them in getting the video to play on their computer or VideoCD player.
Changes in VCDGear 3.56 beta build 050213 - GUI
- This fixes the rar=>cue/bin=>mpg problem where the output files are missing.
- A new conversion option has been added: rar=>bin=>mpg. This is for those of you who have RAR files containing BIN files but no CUE files.
- Also, multiple RARs can now be selected when performing rar=>cue/bin=>mpg or rar=>bin=>mpg.
Changes in VCDGear 1.76 console
- experimental 3 digits in index file
- progress bar popup for samples only shown on vcdgear tab (fixes crash)
The first public release was back in late 1997 and ever since then, VCDGear has continued to grow in complexity, offering a multitude of features to make this a very powerful tool for VideoCD enthusiasts. VCDGear is the result of over 6 years of work.