The main feature - it is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings.
Like fast video rewind, load subtitles, make bookmarks in the list or on the timeline, preview window on timeline, select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, minimize to tray, infrared remote control (WinLIRC), make screenshots.
The brightness/contrast/saturation of the image van be adjust, it supports multimedia keyboards and has full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
Features of Light Alloy 4.7
- Built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
- Full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, audio shift.
- Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
- Audio and video filters configuration.
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Show detailed info about playing file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
- Rich reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Easy to use media-oriented "add files" dialogue.
- Video settings can be saved per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Timeline preview function, like on YouTube, with posibility to change preview window size.
- Possibility to show battery charge when AC-mode is off.
- In order to update to Light Alloy 4.6.8 beta 4, copy files from archive (la468_beta4_build-1117.7z) into Light Alloy 4.6.7 folder and overwrite them. Always, make a backup of your LA.xml
file, which contains your settings in case if something went wrong.
Light Alloy 4.6.8 beta 4
on 20 January 2013, reviewed by: deepu amalan
It is a fantastic player for it is new and GUI looks fresh.
And not-so-light on the system resources.
I am impressed with such a smooth rendering of the video and audio.
It seeks through the High-Definition movie so fast.
Skins looks Alienware - like.
Light Alloy player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.