The main feature - it is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings.
Like fast video rewind, load subtitles, make bookmarks in the list or on the timeline, preview window on timeline, select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, minimize to tray, infrared remote control (WinLIRC), make screenshots.
The brightness/contrast/saturation of the image van be adjust, it supports multimedia keyboards and has full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
Features of Light Alloy 4.7
- Built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
- Full support for DVD/Blu-ray (except BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, audio shift.
- Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
- Audio and video filters configuration.
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Show detailed info about playing file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
- Rich reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Easy to use media-oriented "add files" dialogue.
- Video settings can be saved per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Timeline preview function, like on YouTube, with posibility to change preview window size.
- Possibility to show battery charge when AC-mode is off.
Changes in Light Alloy 4.7.8
[ + ] Added Sky Audio.
[ + ] Hint popup where you can see current volume level when you mouse hover on volume slider.
[ + ] Preferences->Events: added "Pause playback on focus lost, continue playback on focus return" (works only for video mode).
[ + ] Preferences->Keyboard: search field.
[ - ] Fixed player crash with activated AviSynth option in case if there is no avisynth-script files.
[ - ] Preferences menu wont close on Esc key in all cases.
[ - ] Preferences->OSD: cosmetics and ergonimics fixes.
[ - ] External playlist were not working in case if player control panel was visible.
[ - ] Fixed issue with panels auto-hide.
[ - ] Fixed issue with external playlist + taskbar at top.
[ - ] Preferences->Events: *Rewind to start* option was broken.
[ - ] Fixed other less important issues.
* Video Engine:
[ + ] Video Decoder: DXVA support was rewritten and enhanced, fixed issues with video flickering, A/V desync issues, visual artifacts and so on.
[ + ] Video Decoder: added decoding support for QuickTime 8BPS, rpza.
[ + ] Video Decoder: added 4K-video DXVA decoding support for new nVidia video cards with VP5.
[ + ] Subtitle parser/renderer was significantly rewritten. Performance has been greatly improved both for subtitle parsing and rendering (often 5 times faster or more).
[ + ] WASAPI Audio Renderer: implemented A/V sync mechanism.
[ + ] Built-in support for Wave64.
[ + ] Built-in support for TTA.
[ + ] MKV: support for Apple ProRes.
[ + ] MKV: support for MJPEG.
[ + ] MKV: support for Microsoft MPEG4 v3.
[ + ] MKV: support for some rare types of uncompressed-video.
[ = ] Video Decoder: VP9-video now decoded via ffmpeg.
[ = ] MPEG: improved AC3/AAC parsing mechanism, seek optimizations and fixed some issues related to it.
[ = ] Updated BASS audio components to latest versions.
[ = ] Updated codecs, system components to latest versions.
[ - ] Fixed player crash with some old nVidia video drivers.
[ - ] Real Media: some files were parsed incorrectly.
[ - ] MPEG: some HEVC-video were not detected properly.
[ - ] MPEG: fixed FPS calculcation with some files.
[ - ] MPEG: some IFO-files were not opened properly.
[ - ] MKV: fixed v210-video decoding.
[ - ] Subtitles: fixed DVB-subtitles output if video resolution were lower than subtitles resolution.
[ - ] Subtitles: fixed some issues with DVD-subtitles rendering.
[ - ] WASAPI Audio Renderer: fixed dead-locks issues and player hang.
[ - ] Fixed other less important issues.
Light Alloy player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.