IrfanView seeks to create unique, new and interesting features, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee
and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView
has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
Features of IrfanView 4.3
- Many supported file formats (click here
to see the list of formats)
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Screen Capturing
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Unicode support
- Many hotkeys
- Many command line options
- Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree" or "Evaluation expired"
- No registry changes without user action/permission!
- and much much more
Changes in IrfanView 4.37
- New options in Resample dialog: Use Resample filters for shrinking; Gamma fix
- Improved GIF animations
- Features from Adobe-8BF PlugIn (8BF_FILTERS.DLL) moved to Effects PlugIn
- New Image menu: Adobe 8BF PlugIns; with new fixed and dynamic PlugIns like:
- Perspective Transformations and SmartCurve – big thanks to PlugIn authors!
- Option to set custom folder for Adobe 8BF PlugIns menu (Properties->PlugIns)
- Added Drag&Drop from Thumbnails window to another programs
- New menu: File->Open Recent Files (can be disabled in Properties->Misc)
- New option in Advanced Batch dialog: Don’t shrink bigger images
- Added Center option for Crop in Advanced Batch dialog and /crop
- Replace Color option can work on selections
- GIF bug fixed (credits to Dmitry Janushkevich, Secunia Research, CVE-2013-5351)
- MrSID bug fixed (reported by Parvez Anwar via Secunia SVCRP, thanks!)
- Japanese folder name bug fixed (reported by Asuka Nakajima via JPCERT/CC)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions
- See the list of changes here
on 07 June 2012, reviewed by: Jim
I wished that I could help Bill.
(I have Win 7 and just installed that version of IrfanView, without any problems, right into my Program Files (x86) folder.) I would guess, uninstall and check you install options, carefully?
My problems is with the Slideshow Mode and their Full Screen Options (Full Screen / Slideshow). None of them seem to be working or holding within Full Screen Mode? :(
on 03 April 2012, reviewed by: bill
the program installs ok, but it installs itself to the desktop in windows 7, 64 bit
It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.