Purpose of DivX2Mp4
- If your hardware MPEG4 DVD-player doesn't play MPEG-4 videos and reports "unknown format or codec" convert XviD to DivX, for example, and try again.
- If your video is not played by the installed codecs with message "unknown codec".
- If your audio is not synchronized to the video when playing.
- Depending on what you want to get from compression of video (better image or smaller size), you can for one fragment of film to use one codec (DivX Low Motion), and for other fragment, another codec (DivX Fast Motion).
DivX2Mp4 can convert
- DivX 4 to DivX 5, XviD, 3ivX
- DivX 5 to DivX 4, XviD, 3ivX
- XviD to DivX 4, DivX 5, 3ivX
- 3ivX to DivX 4, DivX 5, XviD
- DivX V3 Low to DivX V3 Fast, Microsoft MPEG4 V3, Angel Potion V1
- DivX V3 Fast to DivX V3 Low, Microsoft MPEG4 V3, Angel Potion V1
- DivX V2 to Microsoft MPEG4 V2, Angel Potion V2
- DivX V1 to Microsoft MPEG4 V1
- Angel Potion V1 to DivX V3 Fast, DivX V3 Low, Microsoft MPEG4 V3
- Angel Potion V2 to DivX V2, Microsoft MPEG4 V2
- Microsoft MPEG4 V3 to DivX V3 Fast, DivX V3 Low, Angel Potion V1
- Microsoft MPEG4 V2 to DivX V2, Angel Potion V2
- Microsoft MPEG4 V1 to DivX V1
If you convert files from MPEG-4 in DivX, it can be played with any version of DivX codec
Changes in DivX2Mp4 1.6
- Not available.
on 27 May 2007, reviewed by: Michke
Didn't work for me:
I tried with 2 different compressed avi's, the DivX versions didn't played on my DVD reader :-(