Media Player Classic
The RealMedia Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla.
Some advantages compared to RealPlayer
- Quick and easy install
- It's easy to make an unattended installation
- Proper uninstallation
- No background processes
- Use a player of your own choice
- Low on resources
- No advertising, no registration forms, nothing annoying
- .smi and .smil files only play the first part of a clip. This is only a problem when the clip consists of multiple parts. These files are not very common. These files do play correctly when embedded in a browser.
- The RealMedia DirectShow splitter does not work with streaming content. You must use the included Media Player Classic to play streaming content.
Features of Real Alternative 2.0.2 Lite
- RealMedia Codecs [version 126.96.36.1991]
- RealMedia plugin for Internet Explorer
- RealMedia plugin for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape/Google Chrome
- RealMedia DirectShow splitter [version 1.3.1268.0]
The only difference between the Real Alternative regular and lite versions is that the lite version does not include Media Player Classic.
Changes in Real Alternative Lite 2.0.2
- Minor changes
• Real Alternative Lite 2.0.0
- Updated RealMedia components to version 188.8.131.521
- Updated RealMedia splitter to version 1.3.1268.0
- The RealMedia browser plugin now also works with Internet Explorer 8
You do need a player that is capable of playing RealMedia. The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. Supported: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt), ReadPix (.rp), RealMedia embedded in webpages. .smi and .smil files sometimes only play the first part of a clip. This is a limitation of the current