Its features are simplified and the emphasis is placed on natively supporting the most popular audio formats.
With foobar2000, you can play a variety of audio formats, such as MKA, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, AIFF, FLAC
, Ogg FLAC, Opus
, Ogg Vorbis, WavPack
, WMA, WAV, AU SND, Musepack
Unlike average audio players, foobar2000 allows you to convert files to other formats using a simple “Quick Converter” option you can access after right-clicking on the desired item.
An important asset for a good media player is allowing you to create and manage playlists, and foobar2000 has taken care of this, too.
Add unlimited items to the playlist by simply dragging them into the foobar2000 window and afterwards save the list at your chosen folder destination.
Another option which makes foobar2000 convenient and easy-to-use is the hotkey support, which means you don’t have to bring up the main window each time you want to make an adjustment. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts are customizable.
The flexibility of foobar2000 doesn’t stop here. The application has an open component architecture, which means that any developer is free to alter it and extend its functionality.
Last, but not the least, this application comes with another major advantage: it is small-sized and it consumes very little of your system’s resources.
In conclusion, foobar2000 has all the features of a reliable and convenient audio player.
It renders almost any format of audio files at a high-quality, it has a user-friendly interface, it is not a burden on your system’s CPU and its more advanced options are extremely accessible.
Changes in foobar2000 1.3.4
- Fixed problems with accessing very long file names on network shares.
- Fixed incorrect display of converter tag transfer option state in the converter setup dialog.
- Improved compatibility with malformed ID3v2 tags.
- Added option to prevent hard disk sleep while playing [Advanced Preferences].
- Fixed performance issues with Matroska file reading (1.3 regression).
- Fixed Converter problems with ripping CD to single file with chapters (1.3 regression).
- Added an option to suppress startup dialog about bad last shutdown.
- RAR unpacker updates:
* Now using RAR source directly with own patches, just like previous foobar2000 versions did [beta 4].
* Added support for RAR5 format.
- Updated FFmpeg to 2.4.1 [beta 4].
- Updated FLAC code to the latest git (as of 2014-10-07), with bug fixes and speedups [beta 5].
- Fixed a very old and very bad Matroska tag writing bug [1.3.4 final].
foobar2000 was designed with functionality and increased compatibility in mind.