Its features are simplified and the emphasis is placed on natively supporting the most popular audio formats.
With foobar2000, you can play a variety of audio formats, such as MKA, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, AIFF, FLAC
, Ogg FLAC, Opus
, Ogg Vorbis, WavPack
, WMA, WAV, AU SND, Musepack
Unlike average audio players, foobar2000 allows you to convert files to other formats using a simple “Quick Converter” option you can access after right-clicking on the desired item.
An important asset for a good media player is allowing you to create and manage playlists, and foobar2000 has taken care of this, too.
Add unlimited items to the playlist by simply dragging them into the foobar2000 window and afterwards save the list at your chosen folder destination.
Another option which makes foobar2000 convenient and easy-to-use is the hotkey support, which means you don’t have to bring up the main window each time you want to make an adjustment. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts are customizable.
The flexibility of foobar2000 doesn’t stop here. The application has an open component architecture, which means that any developer is free to alter it and extend its functionality.
Last, but not the least, this application comes with another major advantage: it is small-sized and it consumes very little of your system’s resources.
In conclusion, foobar2000 has all the features of a reliable and convenient audio player.
It renders almost any format of audio files at a high-quality, it has a user-friendly interface, it is not a burden on your system’s CPU and its more advanced options are extremely accessible.
Changes in foobar2000 1.3.12
- Corrected various 1.3.11 pause regressions.
- Corrected “remove tags” on MP4/M4A files incorrectly showing that the file still has some metadata immediately after the removal.
- Flat equalizer now produces bit identical stream.
- Prevented clobbering of iTunes “Encoding Params” tag on MP4/M4A tag update.
- Now using WavPack5 decoder with support for files larger than 4 gigabytes.
- Updated ZIP archive reader now supports ZIP files larger than 4 gigabytes.
- Added support for Matroska/ALAC files.
- Fixed multichannel ALAC channel order bugs.
- Fixed multichannel WavPack in Matroska.
- Improved handling of various malformed files (Matroska, AAC).
- Made files with extreme sample rates (>200KHz) playable through standard DirectSound output, resampler activated automatically if needed.
- FLAC “Remove tags” no longer erases the “tool” field.
- Reverted 1.3.11 FLAC tag updater tweaks. Removal of padding will be added as a separate feature later.
foobar2000 was designed with functionality and increased compatibility in mind.