Its features are simplified and the emphasis is placed on natively supporting the most popular audio formats.
With foobar2000, you can play a variety of audio formats, such as MKA, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, AIFF, FLAC
, Ogg FLAC, Opus
, Ogg Vorbis, WavPack
, WMA, WAV, AU SND, Musepack
Unlike average audio players, foobar2000 allows you to convert files to other formats using a simple “Quick Converter” option you can access after right-clicking on the desired item.
An important asset for a good media player is allowing you to create and manage playlists, and foobar2000 has taken care of this, too.
Add unlimited items to the playlist by simply dragging them into the foobar2000 window and afterwards save the list at your chosen folder destination.
Another option which makes foobar2000 convenient and easy-to-use is the hotkey support, which means you don’t have to bring up the main window each time you want to make an adjustment. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts are customizable.
The flexibility of foobar2000 doesn’t stop here. The application has an open component architecture, which means that any developer is free to alter it and extend its functionality.
Last, but not the least, this application comes with another major advantage: it is small-sized and it consumes very little of your system’s resources.
In conclusion, foobar2000 has all the features of a reliable and convenient audio player.
It renders almost any format of audio files at a high-quality, it has a user-friendly interface, it is not a burden on your system’s CPU and its more advanced options are extremely accessible.
Changes in foobar2000 1.3.11
- Fixed dBpoweramp/SSRC resampler glitching in extreme upsampling cases.
- Fixed misbehavior of FFmpeg -strict level override option.
- Writing of SoundCheck tags [experimental] as well as batch copying ReplayGain to SoundCheck.
- Fixed “Remove tags” not removing every possible tag type with FLAC and M4A formats.
- Fixed Properties dialog locking up on certain metadata.
- Made cuesheet & chapter edit operations automatically update affected playlists.
- Fixed Ctrl+A in various multiline editboxes, Properties dialog and its sub-dialogs in particular.
- Improved compatibility with certain malformed M4A files.
- Fixed Equalizer bug causing inconsistent file lengths when batch converting.
- Made internet radio streams disconnect/reconnect on pause/unpause.
- Implemented updated Opus ReplayGain specification.
- Improved properties dialog info display of Opus files.
- Fixed a random crash regression from 1.3.10.
- Fixed reading of Apple gapless information from specific old M4A files.
- Fixed a rare lockup when batch moving/renaming/copying a lot of files.
- Updated FFmpeg to 3.1.2.
foobar2000 was designed with functionality and increased compatibility in mind.