The details about the media used and the speed supported by a given writer with this media.
Also you can scan a burnt media for read errors and be confident about the readibility of your fresh backup.
Features of VSO Inspector
• Detect and list the features of your CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD readers or writers
- Supported formats
- Region details
- Firmware versions
- Buffer size
- Region Code
- Read modes
- Write modes
• Detect and list information about the inserted media
- Media type
- Media ID (manufacturer and/or model)
- Number of layers
- Supported speeds (with current writer)
• Media Analysis
- Sector reading
- Definition of the area to check
- Definition of the read direction (as medias are mostly weak at the end of the recording zone, starting from the end is a good idea for a quick quality indication)
Changes in VSO Inspector 18.104.22.168
- [Bug] Some device features are detected incorrectly (Phil) - resolved.
• VSO Inspector 22.214.171.124
- [Suggestion] VSO Inspector v126.96.36.199 Device Feature display issues in Windows 2000 ONLY (Phil) - resolved.
- [Bug] Displays 2 weird chars (Box) when displaying writable speeds in the media tab: 4x, .. .. 2x (Phil) - resolved.
- [Feature Request] Add more details in device feature list (Phil) - resolved.
- [Bug] Saving report may lead to index out of bounds (Phil) - resolved.
- [Feature Request] Add Windows 7 taskbar progress (Phil) - resolved.
- [Bug] Copy to clipboard from log not working (Phil) - resolved.
- [Bug] Incorrect capacity for open multi-session discs (Phil) - resolved.
Using this freeware, you can check the listed cd and dvd readers and writers connected to your computer, check the firmware used.