This little tool allows you to change merit of DirectShow filters and it can also be used to list all registered codecs and to register or unregister codecs.
We thought some people may find it useful. Should help fix some filter incompatibility problems.
Changes in RadLight Filter Manager 1.5 :
- Fixed unnecessary registry write access, causing problems in limited user accounts (by Griga). However, for registering / unregistering filters or changing merit values admin rights are mandatory!
- Added button for saving the the DirectShow filter list as text file (using commas as separators, can be imported in a data base) (by Griga).
- DirectShow filters whose file is missing are displayed in gray (by Griga)
- In case of an attempt to unregister such a filter the RFM offers to delete the according registry keys (by Griga)
Important Note :
- In contrast to RadScorpion's original version this version allows to enter and set non-standard merit values. If you are not familiar with the DirectShow settings or you don't know what filter merits are, please keep your hands off - you may disable all kinds of media playback on your computer!