A true universal player, PowerDVD makes it simple to play all your movies, videos, photos & music at their best.
Some features of PowerDVD 14
PowerDVD’s unique TrueTheater™ enhancements make movies come alive with sharper detail, enhanced lighting, smoother motion and immersive surround sound effects. Instantly convert movies and slideshows to eye-catching 3D!
- TrueTheater HD - Upscale video to HD quality and beyond
- TrueTheater Motion - Up-convert frame-rate for smoother video playback
- TrueTheater 3D - Turn 2D movies, photos and videos into 3D
- TrueTheater Lighting - Experience superb colors and enhanced image detail
- TrueTheater Stretch - Intelligently expand 4:3 video to 16:9 widescreen
- TrueTheater Stabilizer - Minimize the shakiness of your videos
- TrueTheater Denoise - Reduce artifacts from shooting in low light
- TrueTheater Surround - Expand stereo output for home theater-style surround sound
* Play all your media with confidence
Smile as you experience stunning performance and seamless playback of movies, music, photos and video clips. Play media from your PC, home network, connected devices, YouTube and Facebook. Manage and enjoy all your media in one place.
- Play all 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs
- Movies and videos from file, including MKV
- Ultra HD 4K videos
- AVCHD content from disc or file
- Music files in MP3, FLAC and popular formats
- Photo slideshows with pan & zoom
- Camera RAW photo slideshows
- YouTube, Facebook and Flickr content
Changes in PowerDVD 13
- Better-than-original Quality - Enhance your media with TrueTheater technology
- World No.1 Media Player - Play Blu-ray 3D, DVD, MKV and all media
- Complete DLNA Solution - Playback media content across PC, Tablet, Smartphone & TV
- Instant Play - up to 58% faster start-up for Blu-ray movies
- HD audio for your HD movies - 7.1 channels DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus formats
- Including PowerDVD Mobile for iOS/Android/Windows 8 and PowerDVD Remote
on 26 February 2014, reviewed by: Robert Corfield
Extremely slow apparently due to Cyberlink windows services running which need to be disabled in order to play DVDs.
Also program needs to be blocked in Windows Firewall.
Cyberlink reenables the windows services after updates/upgrades so you have to disable them again. Finally when you’ve messed around doing all that it can turn out there is no sound.
Pricey. Unreliable. Uninstalled. Complete waste of money.
on 04 May 2011, reviewed by: kalam
I just bought and install the full version of powerdvd 11 and everything is working fine except can't play music files or any audio files (no sounds) but can only watch DVD with high definition audio.
on 10 April 2011, reviewed by: lojin
i couldn't play .mkv files with powerdvd ultra 10...it shows the version doesn't support the format. and even it leads to a wrong version... what shall i do???
pls help...thanks in advance
Unique CyberLink TrueTheater® enhancements mean a sharper picture, enhanced lighting and smoother motion - even on HD content!