Patin-Couffin Access Layer 37
Patin-Couffin Access Layer
is a required device I/O interface for various applications, such as DVD43
However, many people preffer Patin-Couffin access layer because:
- ASPI is a registered trademark of ADAPTEC, which mean that we must pay to use or include ASPI in our software, and can't guarantee we will have the right to use it indefinitely.
- ASPI is UNRELIABLE, because there is more ASPI distribution than we can count. Some are very serious and stable, other introduces bugs and problems we can't cope with.
- ASPI does not provide a mechanism to obtain exclusive access on a given drive. this is needed to have a reliable read/write operation.
- Patin-Couffin Layer act faster on drive.
- Most ASPI layers are not plug and play, does not support hot plug and doesn't see units on USB, or firewire buses.
- and so on...
Patin-Couffin Access Layer 35
on 27 June 2006, reviewed by: Anonymous
At least for me it was bad, I keep getting "cannot connect to hardware access layer" message when I try to open Copy To Dvd This started just after getting the Sony DRMrootkit on jun the 19th 2006 from a Van Zant cd my son had never gotten around to saving the tracks for.
I wish now he had never gotten around to it. In device manager patin couffin has a yellow exclamation but all the rom drivers and the ide channel drivers look ok, I was really hoping this would work but back to the drawing board.
I cant believe i am the only one to ever have this happen from the Sony DRM rootkit.Any thoughts or similar experience?
It is an alternative to Adaptec’s ASPI. The term ASPI is an acronym that stands for: Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Operating systems and programs use ASPI drivers to communicate with ATAPI and SCSI devices. The files contained in an ASPI layer are also used in systems that don't contain a SCSI adapter, or SCSI devices... for things such as ripping CD audio and burning CDs.
Copy this code into your website if you want to link to Patin-Couffin page:
<a href="http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Patin_Couffin_access_layer.htm">Download Patin-Couffin</a>