The LAV CUVID Decoder is a video decoder for NVIDIA graphics cards, which uses the NVIDIA hardware video decoder through the CUDA Video Decoding API ("CUVID").
As a bonus, when decoding interlaced content, it can do full adaptive deinterlacing, the best your GPU has to offer.
- This is a decoder for NVIDIA GPUs, it does not work with ATI/AMD or Intel, and it never will!
Changes in LAV CUVID Decoder 0.13
- Improved resource release behavior
- Improved VC-1 in EVO with pulldown flags
• LAV CUVID Decoder 0.12:
- Improved response time on channel changes in DVB Viewer
- Support decoding AVC1 with NALU sizes of 3 bytes
• LAV CUVID Decoder 0.11:
- Improved timestamp smoothing for VC-1 and MPEG4 ASP
Its still in very early stages, but it already supports all major formats that the NVIDIA hardware can decode, which are right now H264, VC-1, MPEG2 and MPEG4-ASP (DivX/Xvid). Both progressive and interlaced types are supported.