ImTOO DVD Ripper also features video or audio-editing options prior to ripping - cut certain clips, merge several clips into one with transitional effects added, crop selected scenes, add subtitles and soundtracks and attach watermarks. Engined with NVIDIA CUDA & ATI APP technology, 5X faster processing performance is delivered.
Other features include setting the target file size before conversion; running ImTOO DVD Ripper in the background to save resources; and even setting an action (shutdown, exit, standby or hibernate) to auto perform after a task is done.
Features of ImTOO DVD Ripper 7
- DVD Ripper Expert - Rip DVD to AVI, H.264/AVC, FLV Video
Rip and convert DVD movies to AVI, H.264/AVC, FLV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, VOB, ASF, DV and many others.
- High-Definition (HD) DVD Ripper - Rip DVD to HD, AVCHD Video
Convert DVD movies to HD AVI, HD MPEG-2/4, HD H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HD WMV, HD Quick Time, HD VOB, HD ASF videos, and other HD video formats.
- DVD Audio Ripper - Rip DVD to Audio
Extract audio from DVD movies and convert DVD audio to MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MP2 or any other popular audio format.
- Clip, Merge and Split Videos
Clip segments from a DVD title/chapter; merge several titles/chapters into one with added transitions; split a title/chapter into segments.
- Breathtaking Video Effects
Crop movie image frame; apply artistic effects; add and adjust multiple subtitles/soundtracks; attach watermarks.
- High Speed DVD RippingHigh Speed DVD Ripping
Fast rip multiple titles/chapters with support for multi-core CPU processing and NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP technology, multithreading and batch conversion.
- Convert DVD movies to video files playable on devices such as iPad, iPod,iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, BlackBerry, iRiver PMP, Windows Mobile phone, Xbox, mobile phone, NDS, Wii, and many others.
- Transfers converted DVD movies to iPod, iPad, iPhone or PSP directly after ripping.
- Auto capture pictures from movies at regular intervals and convert them to JPG, GIF, PNG, and BMP image formats.
- This DVD ripper will adjust output parameters include bit rate, frame rate for fluency, sample rate, audio channel, codec and many more.
- Auto retrieves disc info (such as director, actors/actresses) from the Internet.
- Compute the output file size and the corresponding bit rate with the Bitrate Calculator.
- Rip a DVD movie with subtitle, audio and angle of your choice.
- Rip any segment from a DVD movie by specifying the start time and duration of the segment.
- Convert a DVD title/chapter into multiple formats in one go; clone a title and output it to several files with the same file content.
- Take snapshots from a movie while previewing with the built-in resizable player and save them as JPG, GIF, PNG, or BMP format.
- Set application so it will auto exit, shut down, hibernate, or stand by system after a task is complete.
- Run DVD ripping tasks in the background to save time and effort.
- Supports system power management.
- ImTOO DVD Ripper is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese interface languages.
Changes in ImTOO DVD Ripper 7
- Fully support iPhone 5, iPad mini and iPad 4.
- Optimized the profile parameters of GPU acceleration.
- ImTOO DVD Ripper supports multithreading conversion
- Spins the scene and cuts the unuseful part, such as the black frame.
- Supports profile parameters: Main, Baseline and High.
- Supports preset parameters: Ultrafast, Superfast, Veryfast, Faster, Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower.
- Supports GPU acceleration when output to MKV format.
- Allow adding multiple tracks into a single file when output to MKV format.
- Supports adding cover when output to M4A and AIFF formats.
- AIFF format supports metadata.
- Accelerated ACC encoding speed.
- Fixed bugs.
ImTOO DVD Ripper 6.0.12
on 09 November 2010, reviewed by: stevie
Version 6 just much better than the previews versions. Rips all the DVDs, it's faster and more stable.
ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum 5.0.43
on 24 September 2008, reviewed by: Marcelo
This program doesn't rip newest DVDs with DRM.
The conversion is very fast but, for that realson, the quality is not excellent, is "acceptable" (doesn't have "2 pass" encode)
The crop function is bad, because if you want remove the black bars WITHOUT change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, the image results "DEFORMED" The crop only works when you change the aspect ratio to fit the movie in 4:3 format...
This program is generic and is present in the market with MANY names, for example; XILISOFT DVD RIPPER ULTIMATE and others...
And when you ask for support, the man behind doesn't know how to help you and ever say "we will ask the developers for further investigation" but never respond...
DVDFab is 10000000 times better than these generics programs with mediocre quality.
ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum 5.0.26
on 16 February 2008, reviewed by: Mark Wietstock
This program is a clear winner when it comes to the quality of the video and audio output and the ease of using its various tools, WHEN IT WORKS. However, it's expensive ($45), and I found that it can't decode more recent DVD releases (in my case, Ratatouille (2007) and Shrek The Third (2007)). The program fails to upload the DVD title/chapter info, you never get to start ripping, the program freezes, followed by your computer, requiring a "hard reboot" to restart. ImToo's customer service was totally useless on this issue, other than saying "try another DVD, and have a nice day." As I felt the program was defective, I asked for a refund. I didn't get it.
As an aside, the trial version of "#1 DVD Ripper" from Apollo Multimedia was able to rip the titles that ImToo's program could not, and their full version costs $10 less than DVD Ripper Platinum ...
You can now enjoy your entire DVD collection on multimedia players such as iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, BlackBerry, iRiver PMP, Windows Mobile phone, Xbox and mobile phones all made possible with the ImTOO DVD Ripper!