HDVSplit is an utility for capturing HDV stream from your camcorder with scene splitting by timestamp.
You can also split MPEG2 Trasnport Stream files captured earlier - new scenes are detected by date and time read from .m2t file. For preview you need MPEG2 decoder, if you don't have one, try free ffdshow (look below how to configure it).
Supported HDV camcorders:
- Sony HDR-HC1
- Sony HVR-A1 (thanks Ratan for checking it out)
- Sony HDR-FX1 (thank you Sportster)
Changes in HDVSplit 0.77 beta:
- all HDV camcorders and Vista support
Changes in HDVSplit 0.75 :
- fixed crash on exit when MPEG2 decoder could not be found
- added detection of dropped frames/packets during capture
- added elapsed time of capturing session