is a video editor and encoder which can edit, encode, requantize MPEG and AVI, including DivX. It is almost like VirtualDub
, but can also encode to VCD/SVCD/DVD mpg.
Video can be edited, cut, appended, filtered (resize/crop/denoise), and re-encoded to either AVI (DivX/Xvid) or MPEG 1/2.
Changes in AviDemux 2.6.8
- Image/export: Proper initialization of Qz for jpeg export
- UI : Add an override menu to force language
- tinypy : Add support for os.environ
- x264 : Improved settings (tobias)
- Win32 : Fix crash when having an audio problem
- Win32 : Re-add mp4v2 to installer files
- Audio/FAAC : Fix channel mapping when source is mono
- Audio/AMR : Re-enabled AMR
- Audio/lavc : Fixed encoding for codec not supporting planar (MP2)
- Audio : Fixed importing MP2 audio detected as MP3
- Editor : Fix deleting chunks of the video leading to seek errors
- Editor : Initial copy/paste support
- Editor/audio: Fix issue when source has more than 4 tracks
- Editor : Better detection of double fps input files
- TS/Demux : Brute force eac3 probe
- TS/Demux : Better initialization, avoid dropping audio
- MP4/Demux : Fix management of PCM audio
- Mkv/Demux : Proper re-indexing for mpeg2 in mkv
- Mp4v2/Mux : Add fast start mode back
- OpenSolaris : Some fixes by pfelecan
- Subtitles : Update libass + very simple srt2ssa converter
- avsfilte : Performance Improvements (fahr)
- See full list of changes here
on 07 November 2013, reviewed by: WHBCstudio
This program was a lifesaver! Fixed a faulty record (audio sync off 5 frames) I could edit and it did a wonderful job encoding.
on 09 July 2013, reviewed by: Carol
I use this program to convert from FLV, etc to MP4. It does a great job and is very fast.
My only complaint is, if I convert to AVI they will not play on any of my DVD players. I have to use another program to convert them to AVI, and those programs are much slower.
AviDemux 220.127.116.1195 beta
on 04 December 2012, reviewed by: telep
Can open a large number of different format/codec combinations, and can also write to many more than just the mentioned AVI/MPEG-1/2, eg. flv, mp4, mkv etc. (Could the moderators update the program definition?) Good support for x264 with lots of options.
Regularly updated, haven't had many problems and those I have had have been fixed soon.
Most common codecs are supported (M-JPEG, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, huffyuv, WMA, etc.) thanks to libavcodec and libmpeg2.