is a video editor and encoder which can edit, encode, requantize MPEG and AVI, including DivX. It is almost like VirtualDub
, but can also encode to VCD/SVCD/DVD mpg.
Video can be edited, cut, appended, filtered (resize/crop/denoise), and re-encoded to either AVI (DivX/Xvid) or MPEG 1/2.
Changes in AviDemux 2.6.6
- Mostly bugfixes for windows:
* Windows : Fixed MP4 muxer
* Windows : Patched x264 to use utf8, that should solve most of the bitrate too low errors
* All : Bumped x264 preset to v2 to make sure invalid Qp from older versions are not used any longer
* Mov : Fixed PCM/LPCM management
* Languages support for audio tracks
- See full list of changes here
on 07 November 2013, reviewed by: WHBCstudio
This program was a lifesaver! Fixed a faulty record (audio sync off 5 frames) I could edit and it did a wonderful job encoding.
on 09 July 2013, reviewed by: Carol
I use this program to convert from FLV, etc to MP4. It does a great job and is very fast.
My only complaint is, if I convert to AVI they will not play on any of my DVD players. I have to use another program to convert them to AVI, and those programs are much slower.
AviDemux 184.108.40.20695 beta
on 04 December 2012, reviewed by: telep
Can open a large number of different format/codec combinations, and can also write to many more than just the mentioned AVI/MPEG-1/2, eg. flv, mp4, mkv etc. (Could the moderators update the program definition?) Good support for x264 with lots of options.
Regularly updated, haven't had many problems and those I have had have been fixed soon.
Most common codecs are supported (M-JPEG, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, huffyuv, WMA, etc.) thanks to libavcodec and libmpeg2.