We're happy to announce the official release of DivX 8!
This is the latest version of the codec DivX 5 ! The best and the most used codec in the world ! You need to install this software if you want to encode a divx5 movie or if you want to see a MPEG 4 movie.
is the professional-level product, but personal users may purchase DivX Pro
for $19.99. And if you`re willing to watch an occasional pop-up ad while you browse the web, you can download an ad-supported version of divx Pro for no cost at all. We wanted to find a way to make divx Pro available for no cost to all personal users, and this seemed like a good way to do it.
By default, we`re giving you the version with the most features for the lowest cost, which is the ad-supported version. Be sure to change your choice below if you want to download something different.
Changes from DivX Free 5.2 to DivX Free 5.2.1 :
- Installer option to enable generic MPEG-4 playback component
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
Includes DivX Player 2.5.5
- The update application to allow update checks when system locale is not supported
- The registration application to notify the user when they are already registered
• Fixed (Encoder)
- A long pause which occurred after opening the codec configuration dialog
- A 1-pixel vertical wobble when de-interlacing source
- An issue where the codec could forget its '6 month trial' status
- A glitch where Pro features were still selectable, but unusable after trial expired
- The trial expired message to show every time a trials expires
• Fixed (Decoder)
- A rare crash that occurred with some types of content
- Black distortions which appeared during playback
- An issue where blocks were skipped when video contained multiple consecutive B-frames
- A stall that occurred with some media players during DivX playback or on exit
- An issue causing Explorer to run slowly when showing thumbnails of DivX files
- The Japanese Decoder Configuration to no longer show corrupt text
DivX Free 5.2.1
on 09 May 2011, reviewed by: cwood
i keep getting 1 screen or sometimes 2 screens that keep popping up every time i click on to something.it reads at top message from webpage- console.log:divx hiq debug:hiq update.this is really driving me crazy and i can't get it to stop popping up.
could you please stop it or tell me how to stop them from popping up. thanks cwood
DivX Free 5.2.1
on 12 November 2008, reviewed by: crystal
im not sure if i want to download this now, as I had to do a total revamp of my entire computer. I was reading some of the reviews and someone said that the google toolbar is a "spyware"???? This is news to me. Is it really? I am asking because it came already installed on my computer right out of the factory..... can anyone tell me which codec packs do work and how i can retrieve them please? my email is lookin-atu @ hotmail.com
DivX Free 5.2.1
on 27 October 2007, reviewed by: carloshidalgo61
I only installed it last night, so I rated it good.
If you watch every window on the installation, the two checkboxes for installing google toolbar and something else( mozilla firefox I think) appear, and can be unchecked by you before installing.
You can now select between two different versions of divx video: divx and divx Pro. divx remains free, as always, and you can download it for no cost below.