Changes in Dirac 1.0.2
• This is a minor release complying with the latest Dirac Bytestream Specification 2.2.3.
- Improved compression performance for small picture sizes.
- Improved compression performance at low bit-rates.
- Included macros to check the API version.
- Improved motion estimation.
- New 422 <-> 420 conversion utilities for interlaced video.
- New functionality added to encoder API. The programmer's guide has been modified accordingly.
- Fixed bugs in handling DC subband.
- DirectShow filter released to be able to play back Dirac raw bytestreams or Dirac muxed in AVI in Windows Media Player and MPlayer Classic.
- Released the source and win32 binary of ffmpeg2dirac, a utility that can transcode any multimedia format that can be decoded by FFmpeg into Dirac video and Vorbis audio (if audio exists) muxed in Ogg.
- Note that new patches for MPlayer and FFmpeg will no longer be released because Dirac support via Dirac and Schroedinger libraries is available in FFmpeg.
- Directshow Filter for Dirac derived from the Guliverkli's Dirac Splitter
. It works with Dirac Version 1.0.2. Double-clicking on the installer will copy the filters and the dirac-research decoder and Schroedinger library dlls to c:\Program Files\Dirac and register the Schroedinger decoder filter.
Once installed, Dirac raw bytestreams and Dirac wrapped in AVI can be played back using Windows Media Player
and MPlayer Classic