Features of CamStudio Lossless Codec 1.5
- It operates in RGB mode and is able to compress 16, 24 or 32 bit RGB bitmaps.
- It supports temporal compression and is able to render the movies with perfect quality.
- An application that works nicely with this codec is the CamStudio Screen Recorder
- CamStudio codec is able to compress using two lossless compression algorithms : LZO and GZIP.
· The LZO algorithm is very fast and is best used for screen capturing.
· The GZIP (zlib) algorithm is most useful when you are converting / recompressing an existing AVI file with CamStudio codec.
The small file size produced with the GZIP (zlib) algorithm makes it ideal for archiving purposes.
When encoding with a third party application, you will have to enable / force keyframes to take advantage of this codec's temporal compression. Otherwise every frame will be stored as a key frame and the resulting file size will be very big.
Bugs and limitations in CamStudio Lossless Codec 1.0
- This codec may display some artifacts when it is played with CamStudio Player 2.0/2.1 in some systems.These artifacts do not appear when it is used with Windows Media Player or other well-known AVI players.
• FOURCC used by this codec: CSCD
Changes in CamStudio Lossless Codec 1.4
- This release fixes a bug in the codec which caused a black line to appear on videos that did not have a width which was divisible by 4.
CamStudio Lossless Codec 1.0
on 24 October 2007, reviewed by: Aiden Hoopes
I have heard this is excellent but I have a problem installing it. The file "camcodec.inf" is missing. If someone could help that would be nice.