During transmitting to DV, several AVI-files can be joined together to form final video recording.
Internals: DirectShow "filters" are used for communication with DV devices, video-preview and for reading/writing AVI. Additional code handles memory buffering, timestamp decoding and simple user interface.
Main features of WinDV 1.2.3
- small & handy <100KB one-file WinDV.exe
- input / output - capturing from DV device to AVI files (both type-1 and type-2 supported) and - recording vice versa
- no dropped frames - memory buffering
- automatic AVI splitting according to the timestamps on DV recordings - every video sequence can be - saved into unique file
- easy AVI joining - record multiple files joined to the DV device just using wildcards
- preview of transmitted video in the window
- free - you can download it and use it as you like at no cost
Capturing is very reliable thanks to use of large buffer queue. Timestamps recorded on DV tape by camcorder can be used to automatically split captured video into multiple files.