Among the media players which offer support for madVR we mention MPC-HC
, Zoom Player
and Daum PotPlayer
The main features of this GPU assisted video renderer are high-quality scaling, chroma upsampling, YCbCr to RGB conversion, full 16bit processing queue, gamut & gamma correction for display calibration, and final 16bit processing result dithered down to RGB output bitdepth.
All the actions are performed via GPU shaders and obtaining the highest quality is top priority for madVR.
This application has some limitations as well as capabilities, although in the future updates will probably add more to the features of madVR: it does not support subtitles yet and the DVD playback with navigation menu is only available in XP.
Other features not supported are hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA) and hardware accelerated deinterlacing (DXVA).
madVR is a tool worth trying for all media enthusiasts who want to get the best out of their video files. Videos have a crispier look and the graphic card works at its full potential so your movies look a lot more like real life.
The latest updates have added new capabilities to madVR:
* added extended screenshot functionality, new settings page etc
* added "IMadVRFrameGrabber" interface for media player developers
* added HDR support to madTPG
* added (limited) support for cropping through the DirectShow pin info
* slightly improved super-xbr weights
* fixed: settings dialog (madHcCtrl) could crash for AMD users
* fixed: Nvidia FSE HDR passthrough tweak stopped working in v0.92.2
* fixed: D3D11 DXVA decoding: NNEDI3 chroma upscaling crashed
* fixed: D3D11 DXVA decoding: sometimes froze for 5 seconds
* fixed: using FSE seekbar in paused state could freeze media player
* fixed: custom modes of secondary monitor showed primary monitor data
* fixed: madTPG: mouse cursor could confuse the measurements
* odd horizontal porches are punished with a higher compatibility hit now
All you need to do is install this piece of software on your computer and select madVR as your favorite renderer in the media player’s settings.