• Winamp Full version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins; Full Support for classic and modern skins; Plays Videos; has a Powerful Media Library; Browse Internet Radio & TV Stations; Integrated Internet Music Videos & Songs; Bundled Visualizations; and Burn & Rip CDs.
• Winamp LITE version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more. It is compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins and has full support for classic skins.
: a playlist editor and a 10-band graphic equalizer with user-definable presets that can automatically load specific files. It also includes Windows Media Technology 4.0 input/output support and the industry-standard Fraunhofer MP3 decoder.
installer is bundled with "Winamp Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing them.
Changes in Winamp 5.63
- New: Hungarian and Indonesian installer translations and language packs
- New: [enc_vorbis] Ogg Vorbis Encoder (based on aoTuV)
- Improved: Shift+F10 app key support in the Media Library
- Improved: [enc_fhgaac] Added VBR mode 6, plus other minor quality improvements
- Improved: [in_mod] Refactored, simplified and threadsafe memory allocation
- Improved: [ml_history] Save playcounts when updated instead of only on exit
- Improved: [ml_local] Increased search query buffers from 512 or 1024 to 2048 bytes
- Improved: [gen_hotkeys] Added manual advance and visualization specific actions
- Fixed: Embedded album art not working in some scenarios
- Fixed: [aacdec] Memory leak when re-syncing to AAC stream
- Fixed: [bmp] Bounds checking in TSCC decoder
- Fixed: [bmp] Heap overflow issues (thanks: Secunia)
- Fixed: [in_avi] Divide-by-zero and NULL pointer issues (thanks: FuzzMyApp)
- Fixed: [in_mod] .IT memory & heap corruption issues (thanks: Jeremy Brown, MSVR)
- Fixed: [ml_local] Crash in MLDBAPI::SetField cache
- Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Genre and Year metadata edits writing to Disc# field
- Fixed: [vis_milk2] Presets not reacting to music in localized installs (Milkdrop v2.25)
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Updated: [aacdec] Fraunhofer AAC Decoder v1.762.208
- Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.0 & libvorbis 1.3.3
- Updated: [lame_enc] LAME 3.99.5
- Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.10
- Updated: [vp8] libvpx v1.1.0
- Updated: [xml] expat v2.1.0
- Updated: [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.7
on 24 December 2011, reviewed by: adrian
confirming that there is a general problem with winamp not closing properly; application need to be killed in task manager; tried removing plugins, having clean install with only basic components to play music but still it doesn't work right. more and more problems... disappointing!
on 27 October 2011, reviewed by: sixor
winamp is awesome since ancient times, too bad it is very bloated and full of crap this days, you need like 2 minutes unticking all the crap from setup,
after that you need to config a litthe, disable internet, but in the end the player is great
it was epic in the 2.xx era,
on 04 April 2011, reviewed by: Valkyr
Winamp is the best - if you install it properly it is not bloatware.
Use it with enhancer 0.17 plugin - it is an old plugin but once you install it, it changes all your mp3s to pure sound bliss. windows 7 needs an enhancer wrapper - google it - not big only kb.
been using winamp+enhancer and never change - dont even bother about foobar or other -you can't match the combination
Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI,ASF,MPEG,NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.