How do I see subtitles in the video preview window ?
For that you need to have VobSub
In the VobSub Misc properties page check Auto-reload subtitle file after detecting modification.
Also, you need to name your subtitles file the same way as the video, for example : myvideo.avi and myvideo.srt or myvideo.ENG.srt. And don't forget to save your file to see the last modifications.
Note: When extracting WAV make sure you have enough disk space because there is no checking yet.
Changes in VisualSubSync 1.0.1
* A few fixes and some basic MP4 container scene change support.
- Add scene change support for MP4 container by using synchronisation points.
- Fix loading of big files in text pipe. (Reported by Anani A. and Radioxoma)
- Fix text pipe colorization to at least work consistently for the last added subtitle.
- Try to fix form display when screen is not using 100% dpi. (Reported by Sabrina H. and mlgr)
- More error checking to avoid crash when rendering a media file.
on 13 October 2007, reviewed by: Frans van de Kamp
Excellent program, the waveform display makes it very easy to time and synchronize the subtitle.
If there is one thing I would wish for, it would be preview support for .mkv files.