How do I see subtitles in the video preview window ?
For that you need to have VobSub
installed. In the VobSub Misc properties page check Auto-reload subtitle file after detecting modification. Also, you need to name your subtitles file the same way as the video, for example : myvideo.avi and myvideo.srt or myvideo.ENG.srt. And don't forget to save your file to see the last modifications.
Note: When extracting WAV make sure you have enough disk space because there is no checking yet.
Changes in VisualSubSync 1.0.0
• Finally here is version 1.0.0 after 7 years of developments.
I'm no sure at this point if I will continue to work on this project, even though there is still lots of features or improvements that I would like to add. There is at least two reasons for that: Firstly I've moved to Linux as my main OS, and secondly the developement environment used for VSS is getting very old (Delphi 7) and in newer releases there is no more free available version. Of course any developer is welcome to join and continue the project which I remind is opensource from the start.
No new big features in this version but a lot of small bugs fixed.
- Implemented feature request #2998396 : Open most recent project on startup
- Fixed bug #2988478 : Display problem with “Translate” dialog this dialog is now re-sizable and should display correctly.
- Fixed shortcut overwrite problem when loading preset
- Fixed bug #2970734 : Double click on stop time change the next subtitle.
- Fixed unicode option change : auto save project
- Fixed undo delete action : mark project as dirty
- Fixed translate dialog : now use “translate all subtitles” when there is no VO file
- Fixed VO file loading : always clear current VO file before trying to load new VO file which can be empty
- Added jsplugin function VSSCore.GetTextSelectionStart() : Return the position of the first selected character in the text.
- Added jsplugin function VSSCore.GetTextSelectionLength() : Return the number of characters that are selected.
- Added jsplugin function VSSCore.GetAudioCursorPosition() : Return the position of the yellow audio cursor in ms.
- Fixed spell checking handling of typographic characters (non-breaking spaces, quotes, dashes, apostrophe …) (patch by spirit)
- Fixed SSA/ASS export : make sure there is a default style when saving as SSA or ASS format. (reported by spirit)
- Added *.FLV to the open video file dialog filter.
- Improved GUI splitter display (based on code by Anders Melander)
- Added a check for AVI file with lots of key frame (if >=100 consecutive KF then disable scene change display)
- Fixed some possible crash when no adequate splitter can be found
on 13 October 2007, reviewed by: Frans van de Kamp
Excellent program, the waveform display makes it very easy to time and synchronize the subtitle.
If there is one thing I would wish for, it would be preview support for .mkv files.