It includes spell check function and an advanced video preview feature which will ease the task even more. The best choice for the beginner, expert or the fansubber. Have a try, and you'll forget the rest!
Features of Subtitle Workshop 4.00
• Reading and writing engine:
- Based in URUSoft SubtitleAPI, so new formats can be easily added by downloading an updated dll file.
- Currently (version 1.05 of SubtitleAPI) supports around 56 subtitle formats.
- Can handle both time and frame based subtitles.
- Can load files in plain text format so that you can set the timings.
- Supports reading and writing style tags (bold, italic, underline) and color tags in format which support it.
- Supports Output Settings in DVDSubtitle, SAMI, Sonic Scenarist, - SubStation Alpha, SubViewer 1 & 2 and TMPlayer formats.
- Supports saving a subtitle in your custom format.
- User friendly.
- Configurable shortcuts.
- Supports multi-language (currently over 35 languages are available!).
- Can switch between interfaces to adapt to the user's need, you can turn Video Preview Mode on and off and Translator Mode on and off.
- User friendly "Translator mode".
• Video preview:
- Integrated in the main window.
- Shows subtitles over the video.
- Can show information about the video you are watching.
- You are able to customize foreground color, background color (or transparent), show border or not, show shadow or not, border and shadow's width of the subtitles.
- NOT based in Windows Media Player, this results in a highly improved performance and visual quality.
• Subtitle fixing:
- Highly enhanced functions strictly designed to get speed and a high grade of efficiency.
- Advanced & easy to customize text scripts for OCR errors repair, offering the possibility of using regular expressions.
- Powerful and totally customizable error fixing engine.
- Possibility to mark errors in the main list with a different font style and color so that it is easy to identify them visually.
- Optional automated checks/fixes on load subtitle.
- Checks and fixes (all are optional, you may configure it): empty subtitles, lines without letters, overlapping, bad values, hearing impaired subtitles, text before colon (":") (optional - "Only if text is in capital letters"), unnecessary dots, "-" in subtitles with one line, subtitles over two lines, prohibited characters (configurable characters), repeated characters (configurable characters), repeated subtitles (configurable time tolerance), OCR errors, spaces before custom characters, spaces after custom characters, unnecessary spaces, too long/short durations and too long lines (only check).
- Extremely customizable.
- Multi-level Undo-Redo.
- Spell check using Microsoft Word's engine, so it supports any installed language.
- Can create new subtitles from scratch.
- Easily add and delete subtitles with "Insert" and "Delete" keys.
- Can split subtitle (at selected item, at given item, at given time, at given frame, or at the end of video), or in an indefinite number of parts (equal in time, in lines or at the end of multiple videos).
- Can join an indefinite number of subtitles, and those subtitles may be in different formats with different FPS (you can select a different FPS for each file).
- Two methods of getting FPS from video: without using DirectX
(only supports AVI) and using DirectX (supports all video formats, but it is slower).
- You are able to choose which subtitle extensions to associate.
- Supports drag & drop (subtitle files and video files).
- Supports command line.
- Recent files list (customizable number of recent files from 0 to 20).
• Timing operations:
- Set delay (positive or negative, time or frames).
- Set duration limits (maximum duration and minimum duration).
- Adjust subtitles using four possible methods: 1- first and last dialogs, 2- synchronize using two points (linear algorithm), 3- Adjust to synchronized subtitles and 4- Advanced system to synchronize subtitles using an indefinite number of points.
- "Time expander/reducer" to expand/reduce the final time of certain subtitles under certain conditions.
- "Automatic durations" to calculate the duration of subtitles using a simple formula.
- FPS Conversion with one click.
- "Extend length" to extend the length of selected subtitles to the start time of the next one.
- "Shift subtitle" forward or backwards a configurable amount of time.
- "Read times from file" feature, to fix a subtitle using another subtitle's times.
• Text-related operations:
- Search & Replace text with "Match whole words", "Case sensitive" and "Preserve case" options.
- "Smart line adjust" to constrain subtitles bigger than three lines into two and adjust length of lines.
- "Convert case" with 6 different conversion modes.
- "Unbreak subtitles" to make all selected subtitles be in one line.
- "Divide lines" to easily divide a subtitle with more than one line (or one big line) into two subtitles with proper time recalculation.
- "Reverse text" keeping lines order or not.
- "Fix punctuation", very useful for right-to-left languages.
- "Delete unnecessary links" to delete the unnecessary "..." if they are present the end of one line and at the beginning of the next one.
- "Read texts from file" feature, to fix a subtitle using another subtitle's text.
• Text and times related:
- "Sort subtitles" to sort all the subtitles according to their start time.
- "Combine subtitles" to make all the selected subtitles become only one (for eg. "- Hi!" and "- Hey!!!" to "- Hi!|- Hey!!!").
- Visual effects with the texts and times of the subtitles.
- Possibility to mark subtitles for later review (and of course unmark them) and read Subtitle Report Files (*.srf) generated by ViPlay.
Changes in Subtitle Workshop 4.00 beta 4
- Added: DoStudio image subtitle support!
- Added: load plain text
- Fixed: font size in image export
- Fixed: audio stream switcher engine
- Fixed: text translation
- Fixed: FAB Subtitler (SAPI)
- And other things...
Changes in Subtitle Workshop 2.51
- Fixed: bug with XP style menus.
- Fixed: now it is possible to modify time writing it and pressing enter in the main controls while you are in frames mode.
- Fixed: bug with OCR scripts parser and multiple lines comments.
- Fixed: overlapping fixing in some cases.
- Fixed: now you can remove tags with the popup menu even if "No interaction with tags" option is enabled.
- Fixed: times in simple adjust changed when you switched tabs.
- Fixed: "Add new sync point" now works fine in frames mode.
- Fixed: strange bug detecting too long lines in some cases.
- Fixed: bug with custom formats.
- Fixed: bug with "Time expander/reducer".
- Fixed: other little bugs.
Subtitle Workshop 4.00 beta 4
on 28 January 2010, reviewed by: teleping
V.2.51: Otherwise excellent, but messes up tags like to include whole subtitle entry, not just a word or a line.
Subtitle Workshop 4.00 beta 4
on 17 November 2009, reviewed by: ugurd
Thanks a lot. best i 've ever seen!!!!
Subtitle Workshop 4.00 beta 1
on 21 January 2008, reviewed by: green
if you do not want to download a software http://submerge.delarue-berlin .de might come in handy, it is an online srt sub merge/split/time correction programm, works on any OS
Subtitle Workshop makes subtitle creating/editing/converting tasks almost a pleasure, the amicable and intuitive interface mixes easy to access menus & must have features with advanced functions and a remarkable speed and stability, drastically reducing subtitle editing time.